Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Storing Restricted at range

Storing Restricted at range

So my spouse would prefer if I kept my guns at the range and I am cool with that. I contacted the CFO and got all the documents sorted. Does anyone find it weird that right now I store them at home and can take them to any approved range in the province without any STATT and once they are stored at my range I still have this option, even the ability to spend say the weekend in Edmonton with my rifle going to an approved range and storing wherever I am staying without permission. But I need to request a STATT to bring my guns home for cleaning. Seems really odd to me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    I would never think of storing my firearms anywhere other than my house, but I guess it's your choice.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Regular
    In that case, the registered location of storage is the range.

Your home does not fit into one of the designated "allowed" destinations that are issued with your RPAL.. (as in, a range, shop, repair, border, show)... hence the need for a STATT.

Also.. you say "rifle".. assuming it's a restricted rifle, as NR does not need an ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I would never think of storing my firearms anywhere other than my house, but I guess it's your choice.
    Sorry, for the derail. Saw freedoms name and now this song is stuck in my head........

Freedom isn't free
    No, there's a hefty ####in' fee
    And if you don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?
    You don't throw in your buck 'o five
    Who will?

Oo, buck 'o five
    Freedom costs a buck 'o five

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    ^ Thanks, now you have the song stuck in my head.LOL
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaman33 View Post
    So my spouse would prefer if I kept my guns at the range and I am cool with that. I contacted the CFO and got all the documents sorted. Does anyone find it weird that right now I store them at home and can take them to any approved range in the province without any STATT and once they are stored at my range I still have this option, even the ability to spend say the weekend in Edmonton with my rifle going to an approved range and storing wherever I am staying without permission. But I need to request a STATT to bring my guns home for cleaning. Seems really odd to me.
    Id keep the guns at my home and store the spouse at the range...

Does the range have insurance to cover your stuff? If it goes missing will they be replacing it?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Is your spouse the nutjob ex-senator celine hervieux-payette?

CGN Regular
    Store the spouse somewhere else is the solution I would be comfortable with.

I would never think of storing even my most hated firearm at my range, restricted or not. There's no where to tear it down and clean them, working on them at the range would be a PITA, not to mention my work area at home is extremely comfortable and the most convenient place to do both. It's also considerably more secure, climate controlled, there's no concern of bumbling fools knocking my guns over or bumping into it etc.

It's extremely counterintuitive to store them outside of your control, so yes, it's very strange that you have to apply for an STATT to clean them.

The gun community needs less ppl like you an even less than your baby sitter.
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast