Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Storing Restricted at range

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaman33 View Post
    So my spouse would prefer if I kept my guns at the range and I am cool with that. I contacted the CFO and got all the documents sorted. Does anyone find it weird that right now I store them at home and can take them to any approved range in the province without any STATT and once they are stored at my range I still have this option, even the ability to spend say the weekend in Edmonton with my rifle going to an approved range and storing wherever I am staying without permission. But I need to request a STATT to bring my guns home for cleaning. Seems really odd to me.
    It's odd Sir, but not as odd as your wife not wanting your guns in the house.
    Try talking to her about that first I would say. What is the issue? Are they going to get out of the locker at night, load themselves and shoot someone?
    Does she not trust you or does she not trust herself? Seems highly irrational.

I personally would not store my property anywhere but my house. Especially firearms. I like the responsibility on me, I know me and I trust me.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

I'm glad that my wife feels safer with the guns at home, even with our retarded canadian gun laws.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    My wife grew up with a loaded gun in the house back in Indiana. It was for home defence and it gave her, her sister and her mom piece of mind when her dad was out of town and creepers/prowlers came around. She doesn't understand what good mine are stored unloaded and trigger locked inside a safe, lol! Good thing we live in a much better neighbourhood. 🙄 Point is, as far as my wife's concerned, we don't have guns in our house because she doesn't have access to them.
    Last edited by promac; 04-29-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

It's a rare range that has storage facilities,especially for restricted.
    I know my wife wouldnt demand I keep anything anywhere but at the house.
    But she might be rare ... this week for our 20th anniversary I got this.

Well, thank you for enlightening me. Perhaps I was wrong. But, it's a funny thing that a friend of mine, who had a portion of his collection stolen in a break in, was told by the judge at his trial (for unsafe storage because he didn't have trigger locks installed, even though his guns were in a locked gun room, in a locked house)that he was lucky that his guns were not used in any crimes because he would have been considered responsible under the law. Perhaps I have no clue. I'm just speaking from his experience. And thanks again for pointing out that I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    100% Pure BS

You might want to actually know what the law is before telling others what it is. Please dont post if you have no clue, all you're doing is adding confusion to the situation

Shawn
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    Well, thank you for enlightening me. Perhaps I was wrong. But, it's a funny thing that a friend of mine, who had a portion of his collection stolen in a break in, was told by the judge at his trial (for unsafe storage because he didn't have trigger locks installed, even though his guns were in a locked gun room, in a locked house)that he was lucky that his guns were not used in any crimes because he would have been considered responsible under the law. Perhaps I have no clue. I'm just speaking from his experience. And thanks again for pointing out that I'm an idiot.
    Sorry but it is still BS there is nothing in Canadian law that allows you to be charged with a crime for a crime someone else committed with something they stole from you.

Not to mention you are passing one second hand info as if it were fact. This stuff is confusing enough as it is with out people passing on stuff the "heard" as fact.

Shawn

As I said, you are probably better informed than I am, but do you have any case law to support your stance?
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Sorry but it is still BS there is nothing in Canadian law that allows you to be charged with a crime for a crime someone else committed with something they stole from you.

Not to mention you are passing one second hand info as if it were fact. This stuff is confusing enough as it is with out people passing on stuff the "heard" as fact.

Shawn
    CPC, NFA & NRA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by BR427 View Post
    As I said, you are probably better informed than I am, but do you have any case law to support your stance?
    Case law that some one wasn't charged? How doe that work LOL

You dont need case law for something where no offense exists.

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    Storing everyones firearms at thier target range would'nt be a good thing. it would put a lot of responsibilty on the target ranges and it would increase the cost of insurance at the ranges that are storeing firearms. plus plus once criminals knew people stored thier firearms at ranges they would be breaking into the ranges.

sorry buddy but grow a set of testicles and tell your wife I payed for them and I want to keep them at home . do you buy your grocerys and store them at someone elses home so you won't eat everything at once?? not me.and if you don't want to keep your guns at home my advice is give up shooting . ENOUGH SAID.

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    Yup,I know it's just ball busting but this #### is getting out of hand lately. Seems like everytime someone asks a question these days he gets #### on,starting to see why so many long term members jumped ship.
    Sure. Post something so controversial and expect full support and cry like a baby when obvious majority of people on a pro gun site disagree with you. Seems almost trollish considering the timing to Bill S223 dont ya think!!!
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast