Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M48 Mauser Rifle condition and accessories?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flying_scotsman View Post
    I'm truly curious:

What's the difference between replying to 100 emails about the M48, and posting one reply here for 100 forum members to read?
    because it isn't always possible to keep track of requests etc on here with the volume of phone calls and emails the guys get...then if we miss something we get hammered for it.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Megaclocker View Post
    We just want some pics of an open crate
    The don't come in crates, they come naked in a cardboard box. There is no accessories in with the rifles.

We only have three in stock, so I opened them up this morning to appease those looking for the gem in the rough.
    Two of the rifles we have I would rate as good. The third one would be fair.

Two have matching serial numbers on bolt and action, not stock (I didn't check barrel bands etc nor am I going to).
    The stocks on two of the guns have cartouches etc and rack stampings and are in decent shape. One of those pair has a shaved spot on the fore wood to
    allow the barrel band to slide for dis-assembly.
    The third rifle the stock is a replacement, no markings, rough finish with a chunk cut out of the fore wood. Bluing on that one is worn and weak, no matching
    serial numbers.

Once again there are no accessories, the boxes come as empty as a mother in law's heart. I didn't swab out the bores but from a visual examination the bores on all three
    looked good and sharp.

I've included a bunch of pictures.

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Once again there are no accessories, the boxes come as empty as a mother in law's heart.
    Hahaha, thanks for making me choke on my coffee! Big thanks for posting up some pics and giving us all a report as well, much appreciated!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    I guess these rifles come with nothing... one guy locally got lucky and his had a cleaning rod and sight hood. Looks like there's two that are pretty nice in there, free from major problems, with nice wood stocks. They will clean up nicely, if done properly. Mine looks great after sweating, light sanding and BLO treatments.

I had to go to my friend's place for 2 sets of hands, heat the barrel band and tap with a mallet (while the other was holding the spring down with a screwdriver) to get the barrel band off of mine. After I sweated out the stock, lightly sanded and cleaned the cosmo out of the band, there wasn't a problem afterwards. The shaving on the forestock isn't a big deal.

The 'fair' one will probably be a hard sell at $525. I'd take it at a sizeable discount for my 'shooter' Yugo, if the store was willing...

I appreciate the effort with the pics. I think 2 of the 3 would be nice acquisitions after being cleaned up. Czech VZ24 bayo/cleaning rod fits the Yugo M48 by the way (I have both rifles).
    Last edited by st1264; 04-29-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prairie plinker View Post
    hahaha, thanks for making me choke on my coffee! Big thanks for posting up some pics and giving us all a report as well, much appreciated!
    lmao!!!+1

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    At least GW took a little time out of his day... asked another retailer and was told "we ship in the order they're stacked in the warehouse and can't check for you". That's customer service right there. Even a stock boy couldn't gander a peek in there.

This is why I like picking out surplus rifles in person (check bore, bluing, stock, overall condition), obviously it's not feasible when they're 1200 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    At least GW took a little time out of his day... asked another retailer and was told "we ship in the order they're stacked in the warehouse and can't check for you". That's customer service right there. Even a stock boy couldn't gander a peek in there.

This is why I like picking out surplus rifles in person (check bore, bluing, stock, overall condition), obviously it's not feasible when they're 1200 miles away.
    Every now and then I have a weak moment...lol............The one with the interesting notch in the fore stock did suprise me a little, not what I would classify as normal wear...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12