Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Furlong Academy Courses in Manitoba.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Wow! Price is really out there. I was expecting maybe $50 - $250.
    I guess that's the difference between a for profit outfit and my local non-profit gun club.
    That is the difference between paying for a professional instructor with all their associated expense's verse one of the "old boys" at the club instructing. We are planning to conduct our own basic courses for beginners in the future, maybe this would suit your budget better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Car-Bine....you don't have peen trees in your front yard do you?
    Hahahaha, that was great!

CGN Regular
    Edit: in reply to Mr Wolverines #21 post

I totally understand the cost of a professional instructor who does this for a living.
    And then to get them to come over 1000km and work,
    on a day that may be 10 or 35 degrees in Manitoba.

Now a professional can teach an old dog new tricks for $800
    but they can't take any years off these eyes.

But I would be interested in "old boys" instructor fees,range membership and driving 290km.
    For that even if my skill level does not go way up ,It's still a day with my guns,ammo and fellow enthusiasts.

With no one here offering anything at that level I think those 12 spots will go quickly.
    Last edited by Above49TH; 04-30-2016 at 11:51 AM.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I guess that's the difference between a for profit outfit and my local non-profit gun club.
    no that would be the difference between a professional instruction, from someone with the a lot of credentials and boots on the ground time vs someone giving a basic three gun tutorial. The price ins't out there. Take a look at the professional training companies here in Canada and you'll see these courses are pretty close in pricing, and same on the US side with any of the well known training companies.

These courses are very physically and mentally demanding. This isn't just a fun outing at the range, this is serious training. It is really all dependent in what you are wanting out of the training you are taking. Class sizes are kept small, around 10 so there is really good instructor to student time.

Also take into account the cost of meals, travel, lodging, insurance etc that a professional company has to incur to do business. then there is the rental/user fees for the ranges being used. It all adds up. This is what these people do for a living...it's not a sideline or a weekend gig to make beer money.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Above49TH View Post
    I totally understand the cost of a professional instructor who does this for a living.
    And then to get them to come over 1000km and work,
    on a day that may be 10 or 35 degrees in Manitoba.

Now a professional can teach an old dog new tricks for $800
    but they can't take any years off these eyes.

But I would be interested in "old boys" instructor fees,range membership and driving 290km.
    For that even if my skill level does not go way up ,It's still a day with my guns,ammo and fellow enthusiasts.

With no one here offering anything at that level I think those 12 spots will go quickly.
    There is something in the works that might be a little more in the lines of what you are mentioning. Any courses here do no require participants to by range memberships either. We'll keep everyone posted on the other opportunties.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

If u offer a pistol 1 and carbine 1 would they be two days each? On separated weekends or a 4 day course?

Thanks!

I'd be in for Pistol/Carbine. Possibly in August, probably in October.

Quote Originally Posted by OT_man View Post
    To bad... Would've signed up for a long range course in a heartbeat!
    I would too. I've concluded I've learned everything I can on my own at this point and need to step up to the next level.

There is a 2 day pistol training course scheduled for October just outside Winnipeg.
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...nitoba-Oct-1-2
    Cost is $525 USD ($659 CDN)
    Good QUALITY training does not come at a cost of 50 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    no that would be the difference between a professional instruction, from someone with the a lot of credentials and boots on the ground time vs someone giving a basic three gun tutorial. The price ins't out there. Take a look at the professional training companies here in Canada and you'll see these courses are pretty close in pricing, and same on the US side with any of the well known training companies.

These courses are very physically and mentally demanding. This isn't just a fun outing at the range, this is serious training. It is really all dependent in what you are wanting out of the training you are taking. Class sizes are kept small, around 10 so there is really good instructor to student time.

Also take into account the cost of meals, travel, lodging, insurance etc that a professional company has to incur to do business. then there is the rental/user fees for the ranges being used. It all adds up. This is what these people do for a living...it's not a sideline or a weekend gig to make beer money.
    ^^^ exactly ! ^^^

CGN Regular
    Option number one please. It would also be nice if members get first dibs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast