Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vickers K $100 Finders fee for magazine...Video on Page 5!

Quote Originally Posted by rekx View Post
    found one.

pm me for phone number!

actually, i'll email you
    I think you did, I hope to close the deal tomorrow, cheers. Will be in touch.

Still looking for mags and small parts. I also need an old English biscuit tin that the grocers used for bulk biscuits. The LRDG and SAS used them as mag boxes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I'm headed across the pond to Bisley shortly....I'll keep an eye open.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Quote Originally Posted by NavyShooter View Post
    I'm headed across the pond to Bisley shortly....I'll keep an eye open.

NS
    That would be great, enjoy your trip, it is many years since I shot at Bisley, have lot,s of found memories from that time, seems a world away now. Cheers.

Well so far I have found two reprinted manuals from e-bay and tips have led me to two 100rd mags. I can,t afford a $100 finders fee for small parts unless it is a complete gunners tool role, but I will make any tips leading to a good purchase worth while and I still need a biscuit tin.

Still sending emails to UK friends. I hope I find one, just so that I can tell John to keep his $100. We owe him at least that.

CGN Regular
    If one was to come across some, what would the dimensions of a "MIL-SPEC" biscuit tin be.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Quote Originally Posted by Above49TH View Post
    If one was to come across some, what would the dimensions of a "MIL-SPEC" biscuit tin be.
    Approx 9 x 9 x 9.75 inches, I have found one on e-bay, not sure if I have enought mags to fill her yet but must be getting close. Now I am anxiously waiting delivery of the old girl. (the Vickers K not the biscuit tin) Quantas delivered to Vancouver, now cleared customs and on route to sunny MB. I have waited approx 54 years for this and I tell you the days are starting to drag! It would have been great to have had her here for Wolverine Days but she just didn't make it. The 100 rd mag when loaded with 97 rds of .303 is only 12 lbs, I should really go and load another one so I am ready for her arrival, hopefully Thursday not Monday. Pictures and video will follow next week.

Well the 'old Lady" finally arrived midday Friday, shipping was a real comedy of errors, I nearly pulled all my hair out, chewed off all my finger nails and drank a gallon of scotch but she is finally here. Worth waiting 54 years for? Oh yes with out a doubt, I am still smiling 24 hrs after letting the first mag down range. This has to be one of the most underrated MG of all time, no wonder the SAS and LRDG loved them. Only fired off 9 mags out of her, a mere 900 rds. some mag issues and some feeding problems but now I am a self taught Vickers K armour and all is good, at least I think so, photos and video will be coming next week.

I am still looking for spare parts and extra mags.

First impressions, this "Old Lady" is slim, attractive and extremely hot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Well the 'old Lady" finally arrived midday Friday, shipping was a real comedy of errors, I nearly pulled all my hair out, chewed off all my finger nails and drank a gallon of scotch but she is finally here. Worth waiting 54 years for? Oh yes with out a doubt, I am still smiling 24 hrs after letting the first mag down range. This has to be one of the most underrated MG of all time, no wonder the SAS and LRDG loved them. Only fired off 9 mags out of her, a mere 900 rds. some mag issues and some feeding problems but now I am a self taught Vickers K armour and all is good, at least I think so, photos and video will be coming next week.

I am still looking for spare parts and extra mags.

First impressions, this "Old Lady" is slim, attractive and extremely hot.
    I can't wait for the pics
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast