Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Overnight stay w/restricted

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    I wasn't quoting...I figured most be people would get the point with the "reasonable/direct" point of my post. It is my OPINiON that the reasonably direct route would include stops for food ALONG the way to or from the range.....not driving to a hotel, checking in, and going out to dinner. Every ATT I have ever read says from point of registration (usually your house) to Approved range/verifier etc with the condition you have quoted above. I have travelled out of province for courses and obtained various STATT. This statt specifically stated my firearm could be transported from home to the hotel (with address) and stored there, to and from range, and home.....with the condition you quoted above. It says nothing about going out for dinner in the evening while I have no intention of going or coming from the range.
    Now you are mixing up to very different things.

You getting an ATT with the specific condition to store at specific locations along the way does not equal the blanket statement you posted before.

Shawn

my ar gets trigger locked, then thrown in a locked case, and stored under the bed in the room out of sight, do not disturb on the door.

you can go stay in a hotel for a weekend without a statt (told by the alberta cfo) but if it was 3+ nights they would like you to call in and get a statt.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
    (told by the alberta cfo) but if it was 3+ nights they would like you to call in and get a statt.
    As long as you are in your province of residence there is no basis in law for this.

Shawn

At a hotel safe may be? I always book a hotel room which includes safe, rather comfortable. I wouldn't ever keep a gun in a car, a locked room is better in your case.

BANNED

games hot

Last edited by Jay; 02-23-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234