Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Czh2003

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Yes the definitely made non restricted czh 2003 with chrome bores. Marstar was the original importer for that version.
    Good to know,I have only ever come across 2 others,and both were restricted .man I wish tue shirter barrels were non restricted,it would make such a handy truck gun
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    I would buy a broken VZ58 (as long as receiver exists) just for fun of fixing it.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

There's quite a few vz58 receivers available in the US,same goes for parts kits.they aren't the easiest to assemble though
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    There's quite a few vz58 receivers available in the US,same goes for parts kits.they aren't the easiest to assemble though
    There are a stockpile of the receivers in Czech Republic, but who cares? Nobody wants to import them.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    There are a stockpile of the receivers in Czech Republic, but who cares? Nobody wants to import them.
    YES there are receivers available in the Czech Republic, however they are FA receivers taken from guns that were stripped, therefore cannot be used in the manufacture of SA rifles for Canada
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    Head-space was a bit tight. Dlask had use a make-shift tool to ream it out. First one they've ever seen like that.
    I had one with too much headspace(realized after i had case head separations) as a barreled receiver, was bought from marstar 'as is' so I wasn't super happy but I think it cost like ... $99 was the going rate IIRC for the as-is barreled receiver.
    Completed it with a parts kit from wolverine, needed some shaving of trigger parts to fit the civilian receiver.
    So I had a complete rifle for like $300
    Then I had a local smith, who tried every bolt lug out there - all swallowed a no-go, so he welded material to the lugs to bring the bolt forward and it worked.
    Fired it a bunch more than traded it + $200 for a dpms lower/colt upper complete rifle.

I explained the history of the gun when I traded it. And the fixes. Guy didn't seem to mind but I never heard from him again, hope he was happy.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I had one with too much headspace

Then I had a local smith, who tried every bolt lug out there - all swallowed a no-go, so he welded material to the lugs to bring the bolt forward and it worked.
    I really need to get this fix done on mine. Mine is a non-restricted with chrome bore and the headspace was no-go regardless of the lugs. This was a common problem with those rifles back then. My bad experience with this unsafe rifle made me no longer trust the EE on CGN and I will never buy a used firearm ever again. It is cheaper to sell a lemon than fix it, and I was unlucky enough to get stuck with it. At the time I always told the problem was with my ammo (I had been told the lacquer on the surplus Czech ammo was causing the stuck cases and that it was my fault for buying cheap ammo. The cult of the VZ-58 was very strong here back then and they declared it was my fault for not cleaning it right). It was over a year and 2 gunsmiths later that the headspace problem was discovered.

I gave up and bought a CSA, and put this lemon in the gunsafe for half a decade.

There is no local smith in my province who can do that kind of work but I was planning on getting it done eventually. I have had people offer to buy it but I will not re-sell an unsafe rifle.

I bought the restricted version of this rifle back in 2005 or 2006 from Marstar. I have NEVER had a problem with mine. Never a jam, misfeed or misfire. One of the best guns I ever purchased and most fun next to my Hungarian AK and C1A1.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Auggie Doggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    I bought the restricted version of this rifle back in 2005 or 2006 from Marstar. I have NEVER had a problem with mine. Never a jam, misfeed or misfire. One of the best guns I ever purchased and most fun next to my Hungarian AK and C1A1.
    Same with me. Got one of the first batch in 2005. It hasn't had a single problem. It does leave you looking like you just flew a sortie in a Sopwith Camel if you put too much lube on the bolt/carrier though!
    You CAN get blood from a stone...... IF you throw it hard enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12