Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bore sighting question...anyone?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    With bore sighting to put rounds at 50m one can bulleye zeroing at 100m in 3 shots. First 2 at 50, adj, third at 100m to confirm bullseye.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I always bore site fairly close ( under 25) and then put it away. Just to get a starting point. I have guns that are like 3 feet off to start, Good luck with that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Also a massive time saver if no spotter available. It's easy to make adjustments when someone is calling out your gots and giving you corrections. It's another when you have to take 3 shots walk down range to verify, rinse and repeat till your zeroed. I don't shoot high power scopes either I shoot red dots or 1-4's can easily shoot the 200 yard mark with red dot and 400+ with 1-4x but the scope needs to start at zeroed for me to do that and know I hit exactly where intended without having to verify.

If your using a 14x scope and shooting 50-100m yes it's a lot easier to adjust without the walk. Or if you have a higher end spotting scope you also want to carry that day. Bore sighted is light and fits in your pocket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12