Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Tame Your Pistol!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Does the SIG 226 fit the extended beavertail such as the P226 scorpion?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Is there any evidence that this does that?

Accuracy - you're still dealing with a 4-5" barrel. Maybe you can hold it steadier but there's got to be a difference in POI every time you remove/reinstall the pistol.
    Speed, maybe but I doubt it.
    Effective employable range. Again, I doubt it. You're still limited to the caliber & barrel length combo you had.
    Adaptability: in what sense? Yes, you can hang more lights/lasers off of it than a regular pistol, but is that a good thing?

I would be interested in talking to the owner of one of these to see if they enjoy it - or if they enjoy their pistol more - or if they put it up on the EE within weeks.

FF
    I'm an avid user of one, ask me anything you would like. I've used both the Hera and the Fab KPOS alot. Of course you'll more than likely just say that my answers don't count as I work for Wolverine.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

BANNED
    Wow, a full-service retailer AND a mind-reader! Amazing.

What, if any, is the typical change in accuracy? Does this change the employable range?

Why are you discontinuing this item?

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I'm an avid user of one, ask me anything you would like. I've used both the Hera and the Fab KPOS alot. Of course you'll more than likely just say that my answers don't count as I work for Wolverine.

How about one for Sig 227?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

how about a CZ75 SP-01 kit????

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Wow, a full-service retailer AND a mind-reader! Amazing.

What, if any, is the typical change in accuracy? Does this change the employable range?

Why are you discontinuing this item?

FF
    I was just basing that statement on previous threads we have "interacted" in. We can just leave it at that and move forward.

Change in accuracy is going to be dependent on the level of skill of the person with a handgun. That being said most people will tend to shoot better with a shoulder fired firearm than a pistol. Barrel length does not determine accuracy. Change in accuracy in both units has been more notable at longer ranges. I have found that they have allowed target engagement at 100 meters, with very very good results. It also allowed for a faster target acquisition at that type of range. I also find these very fast at room clearing distances.

While the KPOS is very nice and small, and I do love using the KPOS, the hera does offer a few advantages for certain applications. The Hera unit allows a person who is used to using an AR carbine to maintain more or less the same hold on the unit as they are used to. The sight plane/picture can mimic their AR rifle, so from a transition standpoint it works well. This also includes placement of any light or laser units. The longer size of the hera also accommodates people who like to use the extended c clamp style of hold. We have sold these hera units to various larger le forces across the country just for this reason.

Both style units are just plain fun as well. It allows folks to have a bit of a "smg" experience without having to buy a secondary firearm etc.

We are blowing these out as they are older stock and we aren't bringing going to stock them on a regular basis in the future.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12