Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Tame Your Pistol!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

How to Tame Your Pistol!

These turn your standard sidearm into the perfect carbine in a matter of seconds, improving accuracy, handling, and versatility, check out the links below! One turn of a dial and your pistol slides in and becomes your primary carbine. We have a limited quantity of the Hera Triarii units left in stock for various different pistols, see below for the selection of available units. Starting immediately these will be on sale 10% off with free shipping and on the website for you to snag!
    All remaining units are sold as is, no return or warranty available. Give us a call or shoot us an E-mail to get yours today! sales@wolverinesupplies.com or 204-748-2454

You may notice that there are two separate units that are a little bit more than the rest, that is because they are the Ready to Use units, coming complete with stock, sights, and a fore grip. Similar to the one pictured below, (minus the pistol and light! ) If you would like to pick up a unit that is all ready to go, give us a call!

Last edited by Wolverine .303; 05-04-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Does the sig p226 mode fit the sig p226 with rails or no rail?
    What?

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Does the sig p226 mode fit the sig p226 with rails or no rail?
    She fits the Sig P226R ( With Rails )
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

BANNED
    To each their own, but this seems like all of the downside of a rifle (weight, concealability, portability, etc.) with none of the advantages (larger caliber, longer barrel). Am I missing something?

FF

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    To each their own, but this seems like all of the downside of a rifle (weight, concealability, portability, etc.) with none of the advantages (larger caliber, longer barrel). Am I missing something?

FF
    Accuracy?
    Speed?
    Effective employable range?
    Adaptability?

BANNED
    Is there any evidence that this does that?

Accuracy - you're still dealing with a 4-5" barrel. Maybe you can hold it steadier but there's got to be a difference in POI every time you remove/reinstall the pistol.
    Speed, maybe but I doubt it.
    Effective employable range. Again, I doubt it. You're still limited to the caliber & barrel length combo you had.
    Adaptability: in what sense? Yes, you can hang more lights/lasers off of it than a regular pistol, but is that a good thing?

I would be interested in talking to the owner of one of these to see if they enjoy it - or if they enjoy their pistol more - or if they put it up on the EE within weeks.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Accuracy?
    Speed?
    Effective employable range?
    Adaptability?

FF
    I gotta agree, seems kinda wrong to go with such a long chassis...

why not push the Fab KPOS, like the one I bought years ago from you guys at wolverine, I have tried some of these others...and I will always go back to the KPOS. Its compact, very ergonomic, super accurate...and totally holds zero when its re- inserted into the chassis. Plus you can fold the stock and easily shoot it like a pistol. That was the only reason I have a glock...I wanted the KPOS, and they only made them for glocks back then.

I have had it for years and I don't understand why anybody would want a chassis so long and cumbersome, when fab makes the perfect size?....why not just shoot a rifle?
    plus its an all metal construction, and has lasted thousands and thousands of rounds, and functions as well as the day I bought it.

My opinion....if it aint broke...don't fix it.....KPOS stands alone as the best chassis by far IMHOP

i love the look before and after the pistol but it looks like there is a piece missing, like someone should have designed it to enclose the pistol like other designs, besides that it looks pretty awesome!
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.

Accuracy - you're still dealing with a 4-5" barrel. Maybe you can hold it steadier but there's got to be a difference in POI every time you remove/reinstall the pistol.
    Effective employable range. Again, I doubt it. You're still limited to the caliber & barrel length combo you had.
    Adaptability: in what sense? Yes, you can hang more lights/lasers off of it than a regular pistol, but is that a good thing?

I would be interested in talking to the owner of one of these to see if they enjoy it - or if they enjoy their pistol more - or if they put it up on the EE within weeks.

FF
    No offence brother, but try it before you knock it. I have a RONI (not a Hera, but same idea) and I can tell you emphatically that I shoot my G17 is consistently in a 6" at 50m when in the RONI (w/red dot). I can't shoot like that with the Glock out of the RONI.

It's still a pistol, so you're not going to get velocities like a 16-20 inch barrel will give, but you will have the option of optics and shouldering...this equates to greater accuracy at further distances. {Which makes the Carbine Kits cool as hell imho }

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar

FF
    I agree that you can't knock it until you try it.

I have a KPOS, which as said is not nearly as long.

Accuracy: you can shoulder and support the firearm, with my KPOS I am able to group under 6" at 50 yards with a red dot as well, plus follow up shots are very fast compared to a pistol without the chassis.

Speed: sight acquisition (again shouldered), and follow up shots are very fast, and accurate shots on target are faster than without the chassis.

Effective employable range: (notice I did not say effective range) - I am certain I can hit a target at 100 - 200m with a chassis, taking my time with my KPOS at 100m and I can group under 8". I would certainly not be able to do that reliably with my GLOCK otherwise.

Adaptability: you can easily ad optics, grips, lights (and yes lasers, bipods, bayonets, any other mall ninja crap if you wish).

All That, plus these are fun.

Now here is where these types of things are actually useful - not as a range toy.... but....

Not all police forces equip every car with a carbine, whether it is because of the budget, or that they don't want the liability of a carbine in the cruiser unattended when the officer is away. This is an option they can leave in the car all the time, and should the need arise that they require a longer employable ranged weapon, or more accuracy, with the possibility of faster follow up shots, etc... they could install the chassis.
    This type of accessory effectively makes the pistol they carry everyday into the carbine they need in a bad situation.

Has something like this been adopted? I have no Idea, but I can see how it would be effective in that case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast