Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Fort McMurray (and area) evacuees!

I tip my hat to you JR.
    Eat, sleep, , reload.

much respect to you guys!! It says a lot about the firearms community and shows how people come together to help those in need. Great job guys.
    "It is better to have and not need then to need and not have"

Right on TSE!
    I'll pass this on as well..
    I believe in Ammunition..

CGN Regular
    Very nice TSE!

CGN Regular
    you know I was just thinking about this today, have nothing to do while staying here in Calgary, thanks for the heads up TSE, ill be sure to pop by this week for some range fun and distractions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZMAT911 View Post
    Would this apply to out of province contractors working to get the city up and running so residents can return?

I was thinking about visiting Calgary when I am finished here.
    Holy sh....., ummm, just wow!

A simple "no" would suffice guys.

There are a lot of people who traveled far and wide to Fort McMurray to first help get the fires under control and then to help safe the place up so that families, like mine, who call Fort McMurray home can return and bring some normalcy back into their lives. While those people were getting paid they earned it through the long hours in very adverse conditions they had to endure. Without their tireless efforts there would be a lot more of us who wouldn't have a home to return to.

With a user name like "HAZMAT911" I'm sure the gentleman who posed the question is probably one of those people and while the question may seem to be in bad taste, the guy has probably just worked the better part of the last two weeks since the fires first started. Anyone who has frequented a forum, any forum, for some time has seen even the most respected member post something that would make you shake your head.

I'm going to give the guy the benifit of the doubt because if he is a first responder he is probably dog tired and instead of adding to the beating he is taking say "Thanks for your efforts and keep them up! My family wants to get home and the sooner the better."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12