Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tick Problems

Quote Originally Posted by timandkimandshea View Post
    I know there lots north of Kaladar, but here near Peterborough (Ont) never seen one.
    Anyone else seen one south oh hwy 7 around here?
    T
    My son had one a few years ago in Kingston and I've had a few while at Charleston Lake. I live north of 7 now and they are here too. I don't have a tick puller. I usually put a lighter to their back side to make them back out of my skin and then I pull them off. Never left a head and I haven't gotten sick yet...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

The mild winter must have contributed to their numbers. My dogs had them last fall and my buddy found one on his arm. Squish them good after you pull them out. Make sure you and your pets don't get sick.

I'll be grabbing one for sure. We're an hour east of OST and they are terrible down here.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by promac View Post
    The idea of the tool is to remove the tick without squeezing/forcing diseased tick saliva/sucked blood back into your bloodstream.
    I know, I was just saying there is a better method to removing ticks that gives the same desired result. You could easily pull the body from the head with this tool if you were impatient. I'd like yo see you use this tool on a tick thats behind your ear lol. People like to over complicate everything, even tick removal these days.

My main point in the first place was why pay money for a tick tool that is given away free at Veterinary clinics?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    For $6.99 it would be a good peace of mind to have.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Thankfully I've never had a tick, however I've pulled them off horses and dogs. Not fun
    Ivomeced our collies a few years back when they had them bad. Told the vet this a few months later and only thing he asked was are the dogs still alive. It didn't phase them at all but never did that again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    More have arrived in stock
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234