Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SKS 2 pc Buffer Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fat tony's Avatar
    a forward observation post in the L-F-H horizon, or Nova Scotia
    I already have the one that fits into the dust cover. To my mind the one which cushions the bolt carrier would be more efficient. All the dust cover buffer does is provide a spring pocket for the operating spring *ymmv. The H shaped one will wear out quicker and do more to reduce metal to metal contact by my way of thinking.
    Last edited by fat tony; 05-17-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fat tony View Post
    hical, does the use of this combination of buffers affect the action cycle time? Thanks
    Not that i have noticed....
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Thanks.

Just got our second order in, lots in stock now, $19.99 for a complete 2 piece set! Here.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Not that i have noticed....
    Not sure about cycle time, it stops the bolt about 1/8" sooner than if it hits the metal.. And provides a bouncy surface.

I'm guessing it slightly speeds up the cycle.

We are probably talking about hundredths of seconds. It would be hard to notice either way.

I had one of the blue ones and it fell apart after barely 200 or 250 rounds and DID jam my rifles action. Maybe that is normal but in my opinion was a waste of money as there was no real advantage to having it except it made the action a little quieter. If it was priced as it should be like 2 bucks for a 15 cent piece of rubber at best I would not mind but honestly I feel ripped off and do not recommend this product.

I had the exact same experience with a green one.

Quote Originally Posted by schlehofer View Post
    I had one of the blue ones and it fell apart after barely 200 or 250 rounds and DID jam my rifles action. Maybe that is normal but in my opinion was a waste of money as there was no real advantage to having it except it made the action a little quieter. If it was priced as it should be like 2 bucks for a 15 cent piece of rubber at best I would not mind but honestly I feel ripped off and do not recommend this product.

My blue one started cracking in the "armpits" of the forward "wing". I then looked closely at its shape and realized I was pushing it too far down. After 100 or so rounds with it sitting "tall in the saddle" up against the bolt return spring, the progression of the cracks has really slowed. I'll see how far I can take this one, then see how a fresh one sitting proud fares.
    Подай набої, є що стріляти. Think Plink!

These new ones are built stronger than the old blue ones, thee should be no problems with them. We also give you a 2 piece set now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast