Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Days 2018

Wolverine Days 2018

First of all I would like to thank and congratulate John, Matt, the wolverine team and the sponsoring partners for setting up such a fantastic event!!

The set up from parking to the actual shooting was very well laid out and staffed exceptionally well. In the store it was wall to wall people but service at the counter was less than a ten minute wait with close to a dozen people behind the counter. Great booth set ups for Stars and CCFR, so make sure you visit them. Multiple draws were available and a cool box of free swag.
    Moving onto the range was simple and fast. Waiver form turned in and tickets purchased for ammo at the booth leading up to the range where there was easily 100 different firearms to see and sample.
    I really wanted to try out and compare the 870 and 590 mag fed shotguns and I was able to shoot them side by side for comparison. The 870 action was amazingly smooth and the mag release is perfect for fast and easy one handed change out. Overall I preferred the 590DM with big pluses for the mag capacity. I was able to use the 20 round mag (loading felt like ten minutes) and what a surprise on how well balanced the gun was!
    Another pleasant surprise was the prototype WK180 in 762x39 being available. The action was smooth, reliable and very accurate with a red dot out to 100 yards. I hope they can keep working with the LAR pistol mags that the gun was set up with and not have to go with AK mags. I'm looking forward to the final version that will eventually be released.

Definitely something at WD18 for everyone, so if you were on the fence about going, GO, because it will be a great day and experience. Have fun if you go!
    "If someone succeeds in provoking you, realize that your mind is complicit in the provocation" Epictetus

CGN frequent flyer
    Great show, bigger and better every year and to see a real working Maw Duece did not think I would see one in my lifetime in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by cciphantom View Post
    First of all I would like to thank and congratulate John, Matt, the wolverine team and the sponsoring partners for setting up such a fantastic event!!

The set up from parking to the actual shooting was very well laid out and staffed exceptionally well. In the store it was wall to wall people but service at the counter was less than a ten minute wait with close to a dozen people behind the counter. Great booth set ups for Stars and CCFR, so make sure you visit them. Multiple draws were available and a cool box of free swag.
    Moving onto the range was simple and fast. Waiver form turned in and tickets purchased for ammo at the booth leading up to the range where there was easily 100 different firearms to see and sample.
    I really wanted to try out and compare the 870 and 590 mag fed shotguns and I was able to shoot them side by side for comparison. The 870 action was amazingly smooth and the mag release is perfect for fast and easy one handed change out. Overall I preferred the 590DM with big pluses for the mag capacity. I was able to use the 20 round mag (loading felt like ten minutes) and what a surprise on how well balanced the gun was!
    Another pleasant surprise was the prototype WK180 in 762x39 being available. The action was smooth, reliable and very accurate with a red dot out to 100 yards. I hope they can keep working with the LAR pistol mags that the gun was set up with and not have to go with AK mags. I'm looking forward to the final version that will eventually be released.

Definitely something at WD18 for everyone, so if you were on the fence about going, GO, because it will be a great day and experience. Have fun if you go!
    I Concur. It was a great time and the weather was great and the Guns and People were even better. Have fun out there.

X3 made the drive from the Peg with a couple buddies, that was a proper way to spend a Saturday.
    Shooting a Barrett with someone else firing an Accuracy International .50 3 ft away was a new experience. Haha
    Had a blast, will definitely be bringing more people next year.
    Anything with tits, tires or tracks, its gonna cost ya.

Expired Business Member
    any pictures or videos?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Much better format this year with the parking and more than doubled firing line. Long waits had been a bad problem in the past.

So much out there I had to limit myself to the firearms that I might conceivably be interested in buying, rather than schitts n giggles ones, yet still blew through $70 like nothing.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Showed up pretty early in the day, got my shots in on the 50 before 11am, but was there until about 3:30.

I shot mainly the firearms that had people representing the brand, the Wolverine range staff was great, but they seemed to be a little overwhelmed with covering multiple firearms at a station, and a little less inclined to approach the barrier tape to invite folks over.

The guy representing Barrett was really good about getting people through, and even then there was a big lineup at times (and they needed to take a few breaks to let the 50s cool).

Also, the custom molded filtered plugs are so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    any pictures or videos?
    Barrett and Accuracy International

[IMG][/IMG]

WK-180 (they also had the 7.62x39 version up and running)

[IMG][/IMG]

M37 in 30-06[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast