Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aguila ammo

How kickass would it be if the birdshot ones worked in a semi auto, bust a bunch of clays in one sitting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    At nearly $1 per round they are a pretty expensive novelty.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Regular
    Up?

One use they have is feeding the techno arms mag 7

CGN Regular
    12g adapter food! More ammo less weight ! great single shot ultralightweight shotgun 12 g ammo.

and you can get them at tradeexcanada.com
    Last edited by enoch; 05-30-2016 at 02:44 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Looks like they jam up in mossbergs too, Too bad since they would be great for a 3 gun
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Uber Super GunNutz
    I really have to question people having issues with these in pump shotguns... I run the mini slugs with no issue in an 870, 590, KGS...I've easily fired over 150 combined out of each with only 1 cycle issue which I"" pretty sure was my fault. Yes they are shorter than a 2 3/4" round but as long as I do my part and work the action fully and fast they work great for me. Other piece to note is you need to hold the shotgun as stable as possible(proper shooting technique anyway) while working the action ei have it shouldered firm!. I watch people holding shotguns loose while working the action have problems repeatedly, fellow shooter at the range could never get my KSG to cycle my slugs because of his tendency to "limp actuate" the pump...if the gun is free to move the mini shell inside has room to move while going threw the action and will cause problems. Similar to "limp wrist" with pistols. Basic phsyics hold the gun still and work the action I bet any issue will go away!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Never had any problems cycling them in my Moss 500, rem 870 or my norks pumps. Haven't tried them in a semi not shure they have enough umff to cycle the action. Great fun squeezing off a bunch of them boy !the others look at you all funny like. Not all that powerful but great for plinking ,snap shots in the short barrels guns are a blast.

They worked in my 70's vintage 870, but only reliably if the barrel was horizontal or below horizontal when working the pump. I bought a shell cutter and roller crimp and made my own. Never got around to trying with slugs but fun and cheap with shot and buckshot. In the factory ones I bought in the 90's the propellant is clearly Red Dot.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Does anyone know the pressures for these shells?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123