Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FN PS90s Non-Restricted SOLD OUT!

Questar was selling the non restricted for 2300 about 3 years ago. I'm not sure what the dollar was back them.

Try landing one and converting it yourself. At $1300 US for a new one plus $200 export fees, you're at right around $2000 to get a restricted on into Canada. Add about $800 for the NR barrel, labour, shipping fees etc, and the listed price isn't unreasonable.

BANNED
    I would like to rent one for a day and have some fun. Too much for a safe queen. Really due to the armor piercing capability of this round I am surprised we can even own one here.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKESKULL View Post
    Really due to the armor piercing capability of this round I am surprised we can even own one here.
    Not sure what you're getting at.....most rifle ammo shoots through body armour too....are you surprised you can buy rifle ammo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I would like to rent one for a day and have some fun. Too much for a safe queen. Really due to the armor piercing capability of this round I am surprised we can even own one here.
    This is just a scaled back version of the a standard .223 - less powder and same bullet.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1feral1 View Post
    Amazing!

I am not polluting anything, I just have a valid opinion I shared publically. If you don't like what i have to say, kindly place me on 'ignore'. I am not the only one who thinks the cost is extreme.

$1000-$1300 are NOT random US dealer prices, those are everyday prices what the public pays. Of course add on $35 for shipping to your favourite FFL dealer, and his transfer fee/NICS check of about $30, and you take it home.
    The price you quoted is for a model that would be restricted here. We are a small market in canada. It is a niche product. The import costs are spread on a few units not many.

If you took every > 18.5 BL rifle in the US and had to replace the barrel. Deal with middle men & deal with one of the worst countries in the world for export(USA) you might understand. Yes the price is high but it is not books they are importing. Canada seems to have high book prices & firearm prices. The reason the prices are high are compliance with the law. It sucks but the laws and regs drive prices up.

LMAO

.338 LM

hell, with a proper load .308 or 30-06 can do it.

[QUOTE=SMOKESKULL;12667396]I would like to rent one for a day and have some fun. Too much for a safe queen. Really due to the armor piercing capability of this round I am surprised we can even own one

The big deal about it being armor piercing was it's ability to overcome soft armor when being fired from a hand gun...fn 57.. almost every rifle can go through soft armor. 223 is a much faster bullet but nobody freaks out and calls it armor piercing because it's not fired from a hand gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The AP rounds for these are banned as well.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by KRJ View Post
    The price you quoted is for a model that would be restricted here. We are a small market in canada. It is a niche product. The import costs are spread on a few units not many.

If you took every > 18.5 BL rifle in the US and had to replace the barrel. Deal with middle men & deal with one of the worst countries in the world for export(USA) you might understand. Yes the price is high but it is not books they are importing. Canada seems to have high book prices & firearm prices. The reason the prices are high are compliance with the law. It sucks but the laws and regs drive prices up.
    Sir, I am fully aware of Canadian laws, and know how things operate, owned various categories of firearms since the mid 70's, and sold off a vast collection of converted autos in the early 90's. I hold a valid RPAL 12.6, and legally possess a vast quantity of firearms still with family in deal ole Saskatchewan, and I am Saskatchewan born/bred. I choose to live and retire in the US by choice. $3100 CAD is an insane price, just to get on the NR list (for now - I am sure the Liberals with 'guidance' from the RCMP already are rubbing their hands), and it seems to be the crazy price reflects that NR 'advantage'. With today's exchange $3100 CAD is just under $2400 USD, and $1200USD (mid range general public price just for one) is $1550 CAD. Sure, throw in volume price, shipping, then Customs costs etc, it's still outrageous. The cost IMHO cannot be justified.

$644USD for a new 18.5in barrel and fake suppressor shroud. https://www.hi-desertdog.com/ps90-18.html?page=all

Barrel removal and installation is very much armourer friendly, generous time allotted to complete tasking well under 30 mins. Labour cost estimate @ $55/hr.

Interesting take down video with barrel removal explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlc-Cz3t_Ps

Then take in the old 16 inch barrel (new) resale/trade in value, less the cost off the new one.
    Last edited by 1feral1; 05-26-2016 at 11:55 AM. Reason: to add links :)
    For Frankie and Mick, I now know why the Channel 7 chopper chills you to your feet"

"Who Dares Grins"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast