Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge - presented by Insite Arms

Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge - presented by Insite Arms

It is with great pleasure that I announce the first Canadian Precision Rifle Series points race match. We have received the base commander's approval to hold the event on the artillery range of the 4th Canadian Division Training Centre near Meaford Ontario.

http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/...hallenge-2016/
    https://www.facebook.com/MLRSC/
    http://mlrsc.ca

Match Information

Title Sponsor: Insite Arms

Please visit them at:
    https://www.insitearms.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Insite-Arms...53682108332331

Above are the logos of the generous sponsors who have signed on so far. They have donated some truly outstanding prizes! Show them your appreciation by visiting their websites and liking their Facebook pages.

Dates: September 3-4th 2016
    Location: 4th Canadian Division Training Center just outside of Meaford, Ontario, Canada.
    Stages: 15-20
    Distances: Up to 1800 yards possible (most stages will be ~300-800 yards, there will only be 1 or 2 stages that go beyond 1000 yards.)
    Round Count: ~200
    Zeroing: Friday prior to the match (100 yards and some longer distances - tbd)
    Registration link: http://mlrsc.ca
    ***Registration for the match and for R&Q closes on July 28, 2016***

PRS rules: http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/prs_rules.pdf

Caliber is restricted to 300 WinMag and below. Muzzle velocity cannot exceed 3150 FPS.

Registration in advance of the match is required. No walk-ons. Everyone going onto the firing pads must have attended the MANDTORY safety briefing. This includes all staff, competitors and spectators.

You do NOT need to be a PRS member to shoot the match.

We have use of the barracks and mess hall (optional). Boxed lunches will be provided on the match days (included in the match fee).

ATT letters for restricted firearms will be provided following registration to the match.

If you are interested in sponsoring the match, please contact Ryan_mcle.

If you are interested in helping RO, please contact me. We will provide your room and meals for the weekend. If you can assist us with setup on Thursday the 1st., you can shoot some of the stages when we finalize and proof them. Just so no one worries about fairness; range staff will NOT be shooting the match.

FAQ

Q: Can I get a copy of the course of fire (CoF)?

No. CoF in PRS matches is always different at every match. The only stages that are known in advance are the PRS skills stages in the rulebook. There are 4 of them, and 2 of them will be in the match. A match booklet will be given out to all of the competitors Friday evening with descriptions of each stage. It will contain a brief description of the stage, the target engagement sequence, the number of shooting positions, the number of shots on each target and the distances of each target. Here is an example from another match (we don't have a shoot house):

Shoot House Shuffle

Prep time: none
    Stage time: 1.5 minutes

Stage Description: Your time will begin once you break the threshold of the second flood door. Starting at the base of the stairs, on the command of "Engage" shooter will move up and engage T1 , T2 and T3 with 1 round each from 4 different positions. Targets must be engaged in that sequence at each position. Load in your first firing position.

Points possible: 12 (1 point per hit)
    Round count: 12

Distances:
    T1 - 100% IPSC - 714 yards
    T2 - Head Flapper - 234 yards
    T3 - 66% IPSC - 455 yards

You won't know what the stage looks like or what the shooting positions are until you get to the stage and the RO gives the stage briefing. Some people prepare their trajectories the night before. Others do it after the stage briefing. It's up to you.

Q: Will there be any unknown distances (UKD)?

No. All of the distances will be listed in the match booklet.

Q: I'm shooting a 223/308, will it be enough to shoot this match?

The majority of stages will be between 300 and 800 yards. Only one or two will be at 1000 yards or more.

Will I need to walk, run or carry my gear over large distances?

No. All of the stages will be on two artillery pads. Some stages will only have positions changes on one barricades. Others, may require 5-10 yards of movement at most.
    *Multiple stages will be running simultaneously.

Will I be shooting both days?

Yes. You will be in a squad. That squad will move to a stage and each shooter will have a turn at shooting the stage. When all of the shooters in your squad have completed the stage, the squad will move on to the next stage and repeat the process. All squads will be shooting on both days. There will be one person form each squad shooting at any given time.

That is the the Precision Rifle Series?

The Precision Rifle Series (PRS) is similar to NASCAR. Most of the races that make up NASCAR existed before NASCAR. They were individual stand alone events that were similar, but operating independently. NASCAR came along as way of bring them all together and compare their results.

PRS is an organization that maintains a points system that is superimposed on precision/tactical matches of a certain style, size and quality. It takes scores from top level "US-style" precision/tactical matches and normalizes the results with the goal of ranking the competitors and inviting the best ones from all around to compete in a championships match at the end of the season. This is done through the PRS points system (the Points Race), where the match results of PRS members are normalized to a 100 point score (PRS points) based on shooter ranking in the match and the number of competitors. The 3 best matches (ones that awarded the highest PRS points) for each member are summed together and the members are ranked base on the result. The top 75 are invited to participate in the Championship/Finale match at the end of the season.

For more information about PRS points and rules see:
    http://www.precisionrifleseries.com/...d-scoring.html

Q: Do I need to buy a PRS membership to shoot this match?

No.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kombayotch; 08-26-2016 at 09:59 PM.

CGN Regular
    I know that range well. Worthwhile place to shoot.

Great News!

Looking forward to hearing more!

CGN Regular
    This is amazing news. Kombayotch has put a HUGE amount of work into this match. I am extremely excited to be involved with the first Official PRS Match.

Ryan

The work is just beginning Ryan! I couldn't have a better group of organizers helping to pull this off. If the buzz on the PRS Facebook group is any indication, this is going to be a popular event with lots of shooters crossing the border to shoot the match.

Wow, I'm interested!! Not sure if a 308 would make it, maybe if I get a 6.5 by then.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Thank you very much for putting the effort into making this happen. I'm excited! I need to get some days off scheduled.
    Oh oh... that's gonna hurt.

It's official, we are a sanctioned PRS event.

Wow. Congrats!

I suppose if we think we want to go, we should sign up asap eh?
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast