Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Must carry Conditions cut-out along with PAL/RPAL at all times?????

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    So?

If your conditions sheet says you must carry it as a condition you are breaking the law if you dont. End of story

That is what the law says, not what you think it was intend for

If you choose to break the law that is fine. But that does not mean that what you choose to do is reflected in the law. And that you should try to convince others that it is legal.

Shawn
    The law doesn't mention the conditions paper (or at least the section that you posted) and I would imagine it is 'enforced' differently in Quebec as it is in the Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSniper View Post
    The law doesn't mention the conditions paper (or at least the section that you posted) and I would imagine it is 'enforced' differently in Quebec as it is in the Yukon.
    And?

So since the law doesn't say anything about the conditions sheet. Does that mean I can transport anywhere I want? Carry and load up any where I want? I dont have to inform the CFO of a name or address change?

I am sorry but you seem to have no clue and it might be best if you refrained from telling others what the law is.

The conditions sheet is a list of conditions attached to your license. The law says it illegal to not follow any of those conditions. Anything on that list is a condition including to carry the sheet.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    And?

So since the law doesn't say anything about the conditions sheet. Does that mean I can transport anywhere I want? Carry and load up any where I want? I dont have to inform the CFO of a name or address change?

I am sorry but you seem to have no clue and it might be best if you refrained from telling others what the law is.

The conditions sheet is a list of conditions attached to your license. The law says it illegal to not follow any of those conditions. Anything on that list is a condition including to carry the sheet.

Shawn
    You were the one who mentioned a law. The law doesn't mention the conditions sheet, but it does mention those 3 weak scenarios that you just listed, so they are irrelevant.
    You could post up the law you are talking about instead of getting all bent out of shape.

The special conditions aren't written in law because they are applied at the provincial level.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSniper View Post
    You were the one who mentioned a law. The law doesn't mention the conditions sheet, but it does mention those 3 weak scenarios that you just listed, so they are irrelevant.
    You could post up the law you are talking about instead of getting all bent out of shape.

The special conditions aren't written in law because they are applied at the provincial level.
    So go ahead and post up where in section 110 any of those are mentioned. Since apparently if it is not listed there I dont need to do it

Let try this

Take the conditions sheet you received with your PAL that you have had for about a month now
    Flip it over and what does it right say after SPECIAL CONDITIONS (continued)?

Thats right, carry this document.

Carrying the sheet is a special condition of your license.

You are wrong get over it

Shawn

I asked the CFC about this when I received my first PAL and was told that unless there are special conditions listed on the paper carrying it wasn't required. I leave mine in the safe with the other gun-related paperwork.

This system has been in place for over two decades. No doubt there would have been reports on this site if anyone had been charged for not having the piece of paper during a PAL check but so far none that I can recall. I don't plan to start carrying mine and nothing I've seen here convinces me otherwise. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    I asked the CFC about this when I received my first PAL and was told that unless there are special conditions listed on the paper carrying it wasn't required. I leave mine in the safe with the other gun-related paperwork.

This system has been in place for over two decades. No doubt there would have been reports on this site if anyone had been charged for not having the piece of paper during a PAL check but so far none that I can recall. I don't plan to start carrying mine and nothing I've seen here convinces me otherwise. YMMV.
    Might want to read your current one

Shawn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234