Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Must carry Conditions cut-out along with PAL/RPAL at all times?????

CGN Regular

Must carry Conditions cut-out along with PAL/RPAL at all times?????

I just received my PAL/RPAL in the mail today.

The card was attached to a single page. Included on the page is a directive that I am to cut out the bottom half of the page and carry/keep this with my PAL/RPAL at all times and must be presented to a peace officer along with my PAL/RPAL when asked. All the piece of paper has on it is my name, license number, expiry date, and the term "Standard Conditions". I have nothing under "Special Conditions". It does mention that I need to carry this paper at all times and present it to a peace officer on demand.

Is this correct????? This seems odd seeing as everything one needs to know is on the magnetic stripe on the license itself. Also, it's a piece of paper which can be photocopied.

Another questions.......if I'm buying a gun or ammunition, is the retailer going to ask for this piece of paper also?????

If it says keep with license then do it, I keep mine right behind my PAL card.

We have lots of stupid rules to deal with....just the way it is.

No, stores do not ask to see this paper.

It's a list of special conditions, if you have any.
    Your license says standard conditions.
    The garbage can is right over there.

Welcome to Gunnutz.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post

The card was attached to a single page. Included on the page is a directive that I am to cut out the bottom half of the page and carry/keep this with my PAL/RPAL at all times and must be presented to a peace officer along with my PAL/RPAL when asked. All the piece of paper has on it is my name, license number, expiry date, and the term "Standard Conditions". I have nothing under "Special Conditions". It does mention that I need to carry this paper at all times and present it to a peace officer on demand.

Is this correct????? This seems odd seeing as everything one needs to know is on the magnetic stripe on the license itself. Also, it's a piece of paper which can be photocopied.

Another questions.......if I'm buying a gun or ammunition, is the retailer going to ask for this piece of paper also?????
    The paper is redundant yes but it's still required when transporting, I do what people tell you not to and keep it in my case with my gun, it's the only way I won't lose it. And no a retailer won't ask you for the paper just your license

CGN Regular

So I am also assuming you haven't purchased a restricted firearm yet. When you do they will send you a new card and a new paper with conditions on it, again this is all very redundant

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    It's a list of special conditions, if you have any.
    Your license says standard conditions.
    The garbage can is right over there.

Welcome to Gunnutz.
    LMAO

Would this portion be the ATT if I had/get an ATT or is that something totally separate???

OR, is this portion for special conditions like conceal and carry for instance?

Anyone here EVER been asked for this dinky piece of paper before??????

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevious22 View Post
    So I am also assuming you haven't purchased a restricted firearm yet. When you do they will send you a new card and a new paper with conditions on it, again this is all very redundant

No, I haven't purchased a restricted firearm yet. Not sure why you are saying they would need to send me a new card. By new card, you mean a new PAL/RPAL???? Why? My license already states I can possess and acquire both restricted and non-restricted firearms.

CGN Regular
    No, I haven't purchased a restricted firearm yet. Not sure why you are saying they would need to send me a new card. By new card, you mean a new PAL/RPAL???? Why? My license already states I can possess and acquire both restricted and non-restricted firearms.
    That's right but when you buy one they send you a card with your conditions dependent on if you're a range member or a collector

LMAO

Would this portion be the ATT if I had/get an ATT or is that something totally separate???

1- no/yes
    2- yes, or must wear helmet while shooting
    3- no

CGN Regular
    LMAO

The special conditions are about transportation. Where you can transport without getting a statt. So going to the range going to a gunsmith etc do not require an ATT anymore

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast