Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

I had the same issue with mine fresh out of the box. Racked the bolt once, dry fired. Second time, nothing. Dead trigger. Couldn't even get the trigger to engage so I could dry fire it to disassemble. Eventually got it it by racking the bolt hard and letting it slam shut while holding the rifle at different angles lol.

Contacted wolverine and although sending it back was an option, Dave explained the process and it is an easy fix and I wanted to try it myself first.

Two things you can do -

First, theres a little flat spring at the coming up from the bottom rear of the receiver. Hook it with something (I just looped around it with a piece of string) and bend it upwards. This will increase the spring tension on the sear. After this I had a bit better results, actually got the rifle to fire, but the gremlin would reappear after one or two rounds.
    Name:  IMG_20160428_201050.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  25.6 KB
    So if bending the spring isn't enough, the issue usually is the little bit of play between the sear and the pin that holds it in. Apparently since they were formerly full auto receivers and have a few select parts missing, the space left over causes the problem.

I went to home hardware and found the smallest washer I could find, they actually gave it to me for free from the package since I only needed one, unfortunately I don't have the package with the size. Just bring in the pin and find one that fits. Went home and having minimal tools in my temporary apartment just spent 20 minutes sanding it down with my finger lol

Got it to fit and took it out the next day, haven't had an issue since.

There is a good YouTube video outlining this process. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.
    Last edited by jdx23; 05-21-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Here's the link to the video -

https://youtu.be/3ydTXkLlY6c

That video was good.

jdx23 Thank you so much for your answer! I hoped a washer from a hardware store would work, did not want to mess around with a 9mm empty casing, punch, sand, meh. If a simple washer and some very minor sanding is all you need, that's awesome!
    I'll see if Wolverine has something for me. I love my CZ 858, hopefully I can keep it and the trigger works forever. I was thinking about getting a VZ 58, sell my CZ 858 without wood furniture for a bit cheaper to someone who wants a tactical one or something.
    But I'd rather keep my 858, I bought it from Wolverine and it wasn't to sell it.

I just finished watching this video. Indeed, this video was very nice. Thank god I can simply use a washer with some sanding. Thanks again, your help is very very appreciated.

A piece of copper wire of appropriate gauge works just as well as the brass shim/washer.
    Just loop it around the pin in the same place, put a couple twists in to lock it, and snip the excess off.
    Tuck in the twist and you're done.

Worked on mine with several hundred rounds through it since the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    jdx23 Thank you so much for your answer! I hoped a washer from a hardware store would work, did not want to mess around with a 9mm empty casing, punch, sand, meh. If a simple washer and some very minor sanding is all you need, that's awesome!
    I'll see if Wolverine has something for me. I love my CZ 858, hopefully I can keep it and the trigger works forever. I was thinking about getting a VZ 58, sell my CZ 858 without wood furniture for a bit cheaper to someone who wants a tactical one or something.
    But I'd rather keep my 858, I bought it from Wolverine and it wasn't to sell it.
    Lol I wouldn't say it was minor sanding on the washer I used, my finger was smooth by the end of it. But, I had no idea what I was looking for getting into it, I'm sure you can find a more appropriate, slimmer washer

Good luck with it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    from my experience with my first cz858 , the gremlin would appear but never to me , ended up just to tab myself the bolt carrier , and the cz i got from wolverine during the sale was running perfectly when i tried it , it just a really little problem easy to fix , im pretty sure that somebody could take a 858 versus a csa vz58 and the cz858 will shoot more round before breaking after all it the great deal , most accesssory are made for the 858 and many need fitting for csa vz58
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Regular
    Man I'd be upset if I spent $1100 on a rifle and it didn't work. I hope you get it all straightened out.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattthescreamer View Post
    Man I'd be upset if I spent $1100 on a rifle and it didn't work. I hope you get it all straightened out.
    Me too. Hope it works out, man.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast