Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Some remedies are addressed in my vz58s and more thread. Pretty sloppy of CZ to still have this problem a decade later. Especially as the prices soared.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad003 View Post
    from my experience with my first cz858 , the gremlin would appear but never to me , ended up just to tab myself the bolt carrier , and the cz i got from wolverine during the sale was running perfectly when i tried it , it just a really little problem easy to fix , im pretty sure that somebody could take a 858 versus a csa vz58 and the cz858 will shoot more round before breaking after all it the great deal , most accesssory are made for the 858 and many need fitting for csa vz58
    good luck with that, my VZ58 is 10 times the rifles my 3 cz858's were, way better quality, no fit issues with parts, no gremlin and looks way better , dark black parkerization and bonus....no grey BBQ paint

Attachment 55542
    Attachment 55543
    Last edited by hunterhenderson; 05-22-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

How about simply calling Wolverine Supplies and sending in rifle for warranty repair, and cut out all the drama?

John Hipwell is an outstanding dealer and I am sure he will address all the problems in an appropriate fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    The op statest this issue happened after 200 to 300 rounds.......so basically can this issue happen anytime even after 1000s of rounds? At any given time this can happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    200-300 rounds.. More like 200 after a second thought, not 300. If yours is safe after 1000 it should be safe forever because according to the few researches i have made, it seems like it happens fast. Some parts get loose or something due to normal use and adding a shim fixes the problem because it won't get more loose after that. So if you shot 1000 rounds, the issues should already be there?

So 1000 rounds means yours might be fine. I can't answer the question though, maybe some people with more experience with the CZ 858 will know.

From what I understood, it's like a disease you are born with. You either have it, or you don't and you won't. It's not something they develop randomly after 10,000 rounds. A few hundred rounds is what I read.
    I disagree. Years ago I used to have a CZ 858 and the gremlin all of a sudden developed after maybe 2000 rounds. Started off just maybe one shot out of 30, developed worse into every other shot. It can definitely happen to a CZ at any time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I disagree. Years ago I used to have a CZ 858 and the gremlin all of a sudden developed after maybe 2000 rounds. Started off just maybe one shot out of 30, developed worse into every other shot. It can definitely happen to a CZ at any time.
    Good info. I'll leave my new 858 unfired . If the gremlin may not show right away??

Or just shoot it and do the easy fix with the shim and enjoy it
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    How about simply calling Wolverine Supplies and sending in rifle for warranty repair, and cut out all the drama?

John Hipwell is an outstanding dealer and I am sure he will address all the problems in an appropriate fashion.
    Drama? Go read my initial post, I am even saying it's not Wolverine's fault because they are simply the importer and retailer so they shouldn't have to pay for this. You're the one causing drama here. I am only exploring solutions and fixes that might not be where I already looked online.

Get a tabbed bolt carrier.

Problem solved.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Get a VZ bolt carrier thats tabbed, spray to match and throw on. Or just toss it on and shoot away.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    The CSA bolt carriers are tabbed and will work great in a 858 , there was a guy on CGN some years back welding tabs on for people, i sent him my carriers and he did a great job . wonder if hes still on here , i forget his name?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast