Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfyre View Post
    I can't seem to find it here in CGN, but I do recall reading a thread and seeing a picture where the receiver rail ends were mushroomed. The conclusions where a poor heat treatment. I remember that I even went to check my own rail status to see if I could spot any indication of a soft receiver in mine. The image was similar to the one found in this thread, but the rail ends where noticeable more deformed.

On the same note, while browsing CGN Red Rifles forum for the thread, it seemed to me that there were many more non-gremlin problem threads for CSA than for CZ.
    That was a separate company that has gone out of business. They "heat treated" the metal soft.

Didn't take long for them to be bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    SKS is and always will be used by 3rd world uneducated, communist or Muslim, canonfodder, and by you! I'd rather have some pride in ownership than having something that just goes boom and you can buy by the truckload. The SKS is a poor man's deer rifle
    Actually, I have to disagree.

I have both a CSA and an SKS.

My vz is great, and I'm happy with it.

I paid 900$ from Frontier for it and it shoots great all of the time.

Reliability over the long haul though, and as the vz hasn't failed, they are neck in neck even now, the sks I have has gone through years of ammo, years of abuse, and not 1 single hitch.

There are no SKS gremlins with that platform.

The SKS is, and has been always reliable.

And if you add it all up, a rifle that I paid 150$ for is as reliable as one I paid 6 times as much, well I'm pretty sure it works out to "better".

Either way, I'm happy with both my rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    I'm so happy I didn't buy one of these pieces of junk! I bought an sks years ago just because it was a cheap semi auto. I didn't expect anything great from it at the time. I can honestly say that the sks is my favorite semi auto rifle I own. Never had a misfire, jam, or breakdown of any kind. Really easy to take down with no tools. I just love it! I highly recommend sks to any shooter that has never had one. As for them not being very accurate all I can say is I can hit a steel gong at 200 meters with iron sights evey time.
    Yes. Way less moving parts and integral pieces.

A good rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saltednutz View Post
    Yes. Way less moving parts and integral pieces.

A good rifle.
    Ya not really! Try taking apart the trigger groups and gas systems on both then post how simple it was and how many parts were involved. SKS's are good rifles but have had issues as well,faulty triggers, safeties and sear engagement problems not to mention some are ammo (primer)sensitive like one of mine is.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like the SKS crowd has joined the thread! I love reading how superior the SKS is for what ever reason over whatever gun. So I may aswell get it out...

SKS is less superior compared to almost any modern rifle ( including old designs like the CZ/VZ), The only reason your saying its more superior is because you own one and are probably to cheap to spend the money on something else.

I cannot run any of my SKS's like I can run my VZ or even my cheap .22's.

Next thing is people claiming their mosins are as good as rem 700 because the rem may not shoot sub MOA outta box without tightening loose receiver screws.
    Last edited by CanadianBaconPancakes; 05-26-2016 at 02:00 PM.

SKS fanboys are the reason my local Wholesale sports has to mark 7.62x39 ammo "SKS ammo" and 7.62x51 ammo "NOT SKS ammo".
    We stand on guard for thee.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Too funny. SKSs are gateway drugs. I've got no problem with them.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

What Pancakes said.

You may eventually have to make a modification to your trigger on a CZ, but at least it doesn't have the potential of negative sear to hammer geometry that can cause the rifle to discharge if struck on a hard object. That's a fixable issue, but I bet a lot of you have an SKS with a potentially dangerous trigger. I like the SKS, it's a great rifle. But don't try and blow smoke up our a** as to how it's superior to the CZ.

Wow. What happened to this thread? I think some people are butt hurt because they missed out on one.
    Ive had way more issues with my CSA compared to the cz858. had to send it in twice. But good customer service/ warranty i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by jakester View Post
    I remember that thread. Apparently the speculation was that the rifle had been sent out to some company for some type of aftermarket finish application which required heating the surfaces. The speculation was that this process is what caused the receiver to lose it's heat treat. Hardly the fault of the manufacturer if it's true.

I bought one of the CSA VZ58's made in 2015 and has a chromed barrel. It is the version which has the AR style collapsible stock and also comes right from the factory with a larger pistol grip than the solid butt CSA rifles. All of the CSA VZ58's come with a tabbed carrier now. The chamber on mine needed polishing, as it wasn't done after the chroming process (maybe they forgot??). That was the only issue I had, It has been dead nuts reliable since the polishing.

CZ and Wolverine have had much communication over the past year or so, if anyone followed Wolverine's CZ958 thread you'll know what I mean. That said, I'm darn sure that both Wolverine and CZ knew of the so called "Gremlin" issue. The question that needs answering, is why didn't wolverine ask CZ to tab all of the carriers on their last shipment of 858's.. Better yet, why didn`t CZ just do it! They had to know...
    The tabbing process was discovered and patented by CSA to correct the issue of converting the select fire system to semi auto only. They sent cease and desists when Century Arms copied it on their Vz2008s