Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have had 12 sks all together, Scroll through my posts. I just got another one this month and I have a collection of them back home.

CZ/VZ is superior in rate of rate, ergonomics, compact, better iron sights, integrated scope mounts D&T, detachable 30 round magazines, better gas system when shooting fowled, much better bolt design. And these are all out of the box.

Do you have any actually factual claims to SKS being better? Or are you guys just but hurt you have no chance to get a new CZ anymore? Because thats what it comes off sounding like when you drop into a forum thread where someone's trigger is isn't resetting and proclaiming the guns garbage and hailing the SKS's glory.

As a rifle consumer I like to read reviews and any problems people have with new rifles. I don't care what you own or what your old posts say.
    when i pull the trigger on a sks it always goes boom no matter what ammo I use. That makes it a better rifle because reliability is the single most important thing to most people who shoot. Then again you may be right seeing as in today's world people are more concerned with looks, bells and whistles.
    Last edited by onurb; 05-28-2016 at 07:36 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milsparro's Avatar
    Mine came tabbed (used) but the tab broke off. No problems before or after.
    If you could talk to any victim killed in crime, they would much rather have had a handgun than a law.
    Rights do not exist. There is only law and duty.
    Governmental authority is all in a.) your head and b.) their weapons.

Ability is not a crime and accused does not mean guilty.
    (c) Milsparro My written permission required for reproduction outside of C.G.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    Drama? Go read my initial post, I am even saying it's not Wolverine's fault because they are simply the importer and retailer so they shouldn't have to pay for this. You're the one causing drama here. I am only exploring solutions and fixes that might not be where I already looked online.
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    How about simply calling Wolverine Supplies and sending in rifle for warranty repair, and cut out all the drama?

John Hipwell is an outstanding dealer and I am sure he will address all the problems in an appropriate fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    I own a CZ 858 and 5 SKS's.. Through the last 5 years, I owned about 15 SKS's that I bought and sold.
    I'm also the admin of a 2000 members group called SKS Québec on Facebook.
    Call me a SKS fanboy if you want, I'll pick an SKS anyday.
    You guys are just jealous because our 200$ rifles are more reliable than your ####ty 5.56 platforms and 1500$ CSA VZ58s.
    Been using the SKS platform since years, been torturing them too. Never, I had a reliability problem with my SKS's
    In the US when you have a Russian SKS people look at you like you're a boss. The reason why they are cheap is only because availability, offer and demand.
    -SKS Fanboy.

PS : SKS's rock.

Now it has become obvious why noob OP prefers posting whiny, dramatic thread, instead of repairing his rifle.

From the beginning of the thread, he had point to prove- that SKS is better rifle than CZ 858, and NOT to simply call Wolverine for warranty issue and have his rifle fixed.

This same scenario has played out countless times on car and motorcycle forums.

"My BMW is a better car in every respect if you ignore the constant problems with coolant leaks, oil leaks, power window regulators, water pumps, dynamic drive systems and the two worst engines ever unleashed on the driving public, but it's got over 100,000 kms now so that's ok"

"My honda civic has 250,000 k and all I've done is change the oil every 5000 kms and the coolant and brake fluid every five years"

Which car would you rather have?

"My Ducati is the best riding motorcycle on the road if you ignore the intermittent electrical problems, atrocious metallurgy on engine and transmission components, frequent and expensive valve clearance checks and parts costing three times what they should. Aside from that it's a great bike"

"My (Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha) just keeps running. I change the oil and put new tires and chain / sprockets on it every few years"

Which bike would you rather have?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I tab bolts for 20 bucks.... it's stupid simple...

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    Now it has become obvious why noob OP prefers posting whiny, dramatic thread, instead of repairing his rifle.

From the beginning of the thread, he had point to prove- that SKS is better rifle than CZ 858, and NOT to simply call Wolverine for warranty issue and have his rifle fixed.
    LOL that's pretty funny. ''Whiny, dramatic thread, instead of repairing his rifle.''

My rifle is repaired with a washer to shim the trigger retaining pin right now and I contacted Wolverine, they're going to ship me some parts to fix it (Go read previous posts better)

But right now I feel like an African fixing his old Chinese AK with shoe glue and steel wires because the rifle sucks in the first place.

What kind of ####ty company converts thousands of rifles and ship them with issues like that. I purchased a Smith&Wesson M&P 9mm because these handguns are reliable as ####. I shot 2000 rounds through mine, no oil, no cleaning, when I passed a swab through the barrel it came out white with a little layer of light gray on it. That's my definition of a reliable firearm, a firearm that won't fail. This is a military rifle from the USSR supposed to be a upgraded and better version of the Kalashnikov corrected by the Czechs and I'm being told I'm whining because I'd have to be happy over here fixing my 1100$ rifle with washers from the hardware store LOL wtf

You're probably the kind of guy putting a tapco stock on a SKS and sanding the lips of your tapco magazines to make them reliable.

Wolverine rocks, it's an awesome company and we're both, customer and retailer gonna pay for it.
    Last edited by Gaebz; 05-29-2016 at 12:24 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jdx23 View Post
    Here's the link to the video -

https://youtu.be/3ydTXkLlY6c
    To hard to follow, got dick caught inside trigger group and had to go to hospital. Crap gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    To hard to follow, got dick caught inside trigger group and had to go to hospital. Crap gun.
    LMAO i think you did something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Exactly what I did since that guy posted the video and it works. Except I didn't get my dick stuck in there, I simply installed the washer and reassembled the gun. For some reason people are still pretending I was too dumb to fix it and made a huge drama post about it. Initial goal of this thread was to explore alternative solutions to the washer one or maybe find a kit that is proven to be effective on the long term. And never, not a single time I blamed Wolverine Supplies.
    But oh well, some people love drama so much they will even make up stuff that never happened but they just look like a frustrated kid in the corner being mad and upset because I am right and respectful.