Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

Hello everyone,

I bought one of the latest CZ 858s from Wolverine a few months ago and it looks like mine has the gremlin issue.

-Trigger slides on the sear and goes numb, almost feels like on safety, won't fire.
    -When I push the pin towards the receiver (The pin next to the safety lever) the sear can catch and the rifle can fire.

After watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEN-mp6sRbI explaining what this problem is, I am pretty convinced it is what I have. I shot about 200-300 rounds through it and it happened today at the range. My CZ 858 feels broken right now I cannot use it anymore unless this is fixed.

My question is : Is there an aftermarket or an easy fix I can BUY rather than make some kind of homemade shim like they show in that video? I'm new to the CZ 858 world and I don't feel like starting to spend hours to understand everything and do everything. I paid 1100$ or something for that rifle, I don't mind paying an extra if there is something out there that can be done quick and easy. (Unless this is included in the warranty?)

Have you tried contacting wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Ki3t_ly View Post
    Have you tried contacting wolverine?
    Honestly no I haven't. I'm feeling like it's not their fault so they shouldn't have to pay for this. I'll write them an email see if they can offer me a solution.

One year warranty contact wolverine. They support their product

There was another fix was,it was a welded tab on the bolt carrier. Some VZ58's had this fix.
    Takes 15 minutes to put the shin on the sear pin and put a little more tension on the spring. I have not has a FTF since I made the fix and haven't looked back. If you call Wolverine, they will tell you to try the fix. Remember, these are not new rifles, but refurbished to make the CZ858.
    Good luck...

Did you make the shim with a 9mm case like in the video? Not sure how he makes them. You just use the sear to punch a hole?? Then you cut it with what? A dremel? I live in a appartment and don't really have access to a workshop. I have some basic tools, a grinder, a dremel. How did you make yours?

BANNED
    The op statest this issue happened after 200 to 300 rounds.......so basically can this issue happen anytime even after 1000s of rounds? At any given time this can happen?

I used a 9mm casing and used side cutters to cut it out. Drilled a small hole in it but hold the brass with a pair of pliers. Also, a nail would work as well as a punch. You then trim it round after you have made the hole. You could go buy a real small washer at Home Depot or Home Hardware.
    Is the sear pin really lose? If it isn't, you could just try putting more tension on the spring first. That usually fixes it. Mine has a 85% failure right out of the box, so I had to do the shim.

200-300 rounds.. More like 200 after a second thought, not 300. If yours is safe after 1000 it should be safe forever because according to the few researches i have made, it seems like it happens fast. Some parts get loose or something due to normal use and adding a shim fixes the problem because it won't get more loose after that. So if you shot 1000 rounds, the issues should already be there?

So 1000 rounds means yours might be fine. I can't answer the question though, maybe some people with more experience with the CZ 858 will know.

From what I understood, it's like a disease you are born with. You either have it, or you don't and you won't. It's not something they develop randomly after 10,000 rounds. A few hundred rounds is what I read.

BANNED
    ^^^^^ thanks for the info

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast