Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norinco Win1897

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar

Norinco Win1897

Will you be bringing more of these in?

Any chance of a 28-30" barrel option (with chokes)?

Or of a trench gun?

I finally have gotten out with the one I bought last Christmas and have given it a good workout at both trap and 5-stand over the last couple weeks and it's an absolute hoot!

It's ammo picky, but I've found Score #7-1/2 1-1/8oz 1145fps target loads to be totally reliable (the faster stuff or lower brass regularly fails to eject)

Of course guys tell me the original 97s are just as fussy.

Cheers!

I would be interested in one also!

would also be interested!

I would be interested in the heat shield, actually I'd buy 2 heat shields.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer contact148's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Will you be bringing more of these in?

Any chance of a 28-30" barrel option (with chokes)?

Or of a trench gun?

I finally have gotten out with the one I bought last Christmas and have given it a good workout at both trap and 5-stand over the last couple weeks and it's an absolute hoot!

It's ammo picky, but I've found Score #7-1/2 1-1/8oz 1145fps target loads to be totally reliable (the faster stuff or lower brass regularly fails to eject)

Of course guys tell me the original 97s are just as fussy.

Cheers!
    I noticed mine is pickey too it wont eject certain shells it extracts no eject! I noticed the ejector bends some cases. cleaning it is a PITA through as it takes awhile to take apart and I cant get my mag tube out by hand have to use a strap wrench to unscrew it. but they are fun to shoot and if trench guns were avail I would buy one
    I helped turf Mark Holland
    Remember ONLY YOU can prevent firearms bans

Very interested in one.

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contact148 View Post
    I noticed mine is pickey too it wont eject certain shells it extracts no eject! I noticed the ejector bends some cases. cleaning it is a PITA through as it takes awhile to take apart and I cant get my mag tube out by hand have to use a strap wrench to unscrew it. but they are fun to shoot and if trench guns were avail I would buy one
    I don't plan on stripping this one. If it gets that badly gunked up I'll take off the butt stock and hose it out with brake cleaner before giving it a quick dip in eds red.

If mine fails it leaves a shell loosely stuck in the chamber. I figure the higher brass low velocity stuff must not swell up as much as the cheap challenger shells do.

If I do someday strip it I'll have to have a go at polishing the chamber, but for now the 1145fps score stuff is excellent with it.

Even a 26" barrel would be nice, if John could find a way to make it happen.... Without asking me how many thousands I'd like
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Regular
    Mine just works, period.

TJ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer contact148's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talljoe View Post
    Mine just works, period.

TJ
    I bought that dominion buckshot and the ejector actually dents the bottom of the brass and doesn't eject
    I helped turf Mark Holland
    Remember ONLY YOU can prevent firearms bans

I've been looking for an 1897 for weeks now, I'd love for them to bring back the Norinco copy. So John from Marstar, any chance we'll ever see the 1897, or even better, it's trench gun variant any time soon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast