Thread: Could you source a barrel like this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar

Could you source a barrel like this?

I am looking to build a short and light 10/22 for my kids to learn on. I want to go with an aluminum sleeved bull barrel and as short as possible while staying NR in a collapsible stock.

Years ago Tactical Solutions made a run of 12.25" Ruger Charger barrels like this.

However it appears that they no longer make them and all the US sites I have found are out of stock.

I am wondering if you could possibly work with Tactical Solutions to do a run of short barrels for our unique Canadian gun laws.

My goal is to build something like this

I am not sure what the barrel length would need to be so that the overall length of the rifle fully collapsed would still be NR. A 10/22 setup with this stock and a barrel from Tac Sol would be crazy light and could be very useful for young shooters all the way up to adult shooters.

Another option is Majestic Arms, who offer 12" and 14" barrels http://www.majesticarms.com/id2.html

I already have a 9" Dlask arms .920 which is fine for me but too heavy for my kids, what I really hope to do is build a super light rifle that my kids and I can both shoot. I am set on the .920 barrel so I can add a set of Nodak Spud sights to it as well.

I am not sure if anyone else here might be interested in a barrel like this, just thought I would ask and see if this is something that might be possible down the road...

Thanks
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

We have the Tac sol barrels in stock & the axiom stocks as well, they make a very light gun!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Thanks, yeah I bought a tasol from you last year, looking to go even shorter and lighter. Whistle Pig offers a 12" like the tacsol, wondering I a Canadian retail might be able to bring in a run of them.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.