Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Hunt

Instead of the current treasure hunt, why not make it a trivia, skills testing question, with all successful respondents who found the hidden question and answered correctly will have their name entered into a random draw. The name drawn then has 24 hours to complete the purchase. As it is right now, the only potential beneficiaries are the guys with no job and fast Internet connections, not necessarily loyal, long-term Marstar customers.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    the only potential beneficiaries are the guys with no job and fast Internet connections, not necessarily loyal, long-term Marstar customers.
    Can't we be both?

But in all seriousness, people would then complain about how easy it is to google an answer and that the draw isn't fair either. I agree that the timing may be off, but you also can't please everyone.

Expired Business
    Instead of the current treasure hunt, why not make it a trivia, skills testing question, with all successful respondents who found the hidden question and answered correctly will have their name entered into a random draw. The name drawn then has 24 hours to complete the purchase. As it is right now, the only potential beneficiaries are the guys with no job and fast Internet connections, not necessarily loyal, long-term Marstar customers.
    Very cool idea

We will try and come up with something similar for the next one

We could have jobs. we might just be on holidays or be shift workers.

I enjoyed myself and i assumed that the they would be hiding the gun in a section to boost views therein and potential sales.
    “Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them.” - Jeff Cooper

CGN Regular
    Fun idea!

No, I'm working nights. Keep it the way it was. Just out of spite for that guy.
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

I was being facetious guys! But jeez, must've struck a nerve or two! Sorry! Thin-skinned treasure hunters aside, when the "hunts" are over in 10-15 minutes, only a handful of Marstar customers will get to participate in the fun. My suggestion would bring more eyes to their site, while allowing everyone the same opportunity to "win". What's wrong with a level playing field?
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

this is a terrible idea

What was the treasure? Links don't work any more, anyone got a screen shot? Or details?

Quote Originally Posted by jihmmie View Post
    What was the treasure? Links don't work any more, anyone got a screen shot? Or details?
    SKS and crate of ammo.
    Great deal.
    Check the first post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast