Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Improved Canpar delivery coming soon

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    I hope this works out. Canpar delivers only mon to Friday while I'm at work and their depot is far away in another city and the depot is mon to Friday for pick up. If you work for a living and aren't on vacation, it's as good as having never delivered the package anyways. Canada post for all its complaints can be picked up locally all week long and just down the road (thankfully canadaammo also uses Canada Post by request).

Anyways, I hope this works out ... Will Canpar be publishing these new locations somewhere, so that we will know, if there is anything local?
    should be listed at pudo.ca This is who they are using

My local pick up place is a little hole-in-the-wall convenience store which prominently displays a variety of pocket-sized digital scales on the front counter...

If you're going to continue to use CanPar, you're going to want to invest in some Plain Brown Wrappings to conceal the fact that we're picking up ammo.

I am NOT comfortable with the local dope heads knowing my business!
    --------------------------------------------
    To err is human, but to Arrrrrr Is Pirate

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flying_scotsman View Post
    My local pick up place is a little hole-in-the-wall convenience store which prominently displays a variety of pocket-sized digital scales on the front counter...

If you're going to continue to use CanPar, you're going to want to invest in some Plain Brown Wrappings to conceal the fact that we're picking up ammo.

I am NOT comfortable with the local dope heads knowing my business!
    yes, you can request discreet shipping, you can also ask that the use another location

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    yes, you can request discreet shipping, you can also ask that the use another location
    I requested this last time in the comments of my order AND a follow up email. Still got cases blatantly labeled ammunition aka "I have guns and ammo at this address".. wasn't too happy about it since I asked twice without a response saying you could or couldn't do it but I got over it. I'm hoping my next ammo order will be more discreet though.

I kind of defended Canpar as not so bad in a post above. If this is their new and improved service, I have to take it back.

Two recent purchases - from two different forum supporting dealers - and the incompetence at CanPar was epic. Both dealers shipped promptly on getting my order and sent me tracking information. The parcels stopped moving - one last Thursday and one Friday. Tracking said "Held at Terminal - T0M 0M0" Now that postal code is Caroline AB (nearly an hour away) which has neither a CanPar terminal - nor even a CanPar drop off location. I waited to see if they'd show up Monday. Nothing - still at the non-existant terminal.

I emailed customer service Monday evening and called them this morning (Tuesday). After being told ALL tracking information is available on line, they looked and said it was at the Travel store in Sundre and gave me the address - well, actually, the old address because the business has moved. CanPar informed me that if I didn't pick them up soon, they would be returned. Heck, it's not far so I walked across the street and down a ways. Found the new travel store location and the courier drop off desk. The nice lady explained to me that CanPar does not use their services - but she told me a place a few blocks away that does.

Off I went to the convenience store they've used in the past. Sure enough they had both the parcels I was waiting for. I asked why no phone call. (Printed on the label) They have phoned me in the past for CanPar deliveries. The kid just shrugged his shoulders and handed me the tablet to sign.

Just to add insult to injury, a few hours later, I finally got a response from my email to customer service. They have located my parcels and I should pick them up - at the Travel store.

I run a business and I am very sensitive to the challenges of adopting a new system. So far, this one is not getting high marks - but maybe they'll get the kinks worked out.

Just to be perfectly clear, the service from both forum supporting suppliers was great. This email is all about CanPar.

Rob!

I almost ignored the fathers day sale because of Canpar, but the deals were just too tempting. Now I am dreadding the Charley Foxtrot this is going to turn into, just like the previous two "deliveries".
    I feel bad for Canada Ammo, awesome deals, great to deal with, but so badly let down by their distribution company. I want to do more bussiness with them, but usually order elsewhere because of the "Canpar experience".
    At least they should have the option of pick up at the warehouse. It would be faster and more pleasant for me to walk there from Vancouver than dealing with CP.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567