Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

Thread: Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

Tags: None

Dr.Islay said:
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Very nice lookin' shooter. Looks sleek and... shiny?

I would have picked one up, but recently a nice nickle-plated BHP, complete with rosewood grips and bling trigger, fell into my lap.

But $300, you say?

You know, this would not be the first time the missus ask why I need another, only to receive an excited one word answer of 'Caramel!' I sure she thinks there's some retardation setting in. But it ends the conversation, so... thanks?
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

ben777lemay said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    Very nice lookin' shooter. Looks sleek and... shiny?

I would have picked one up, but recently a nice nickle-plated BHP, complete with rosewood grips and bling trigger, fell into my lap.

But $300, you say?

You know, this would not be the first time the missus ask why I need another, only to receive an excited one word answer of 'Caramel!' I sure she thinks there's some retardation setting in. But it ends the conversation, so... thanks?
    $324 with taxes and shipping.

rick43pen said:
    they are, for me, the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I had a lot of ejector problems though. I've installed new(ish) parts but haven't taken it to the range again yet.

ben777lemay said:
    Quote Originally Posted by rick43pen View Post
    they are, for me, the most accurate pistol I've ever shot. I had a lot of ejector problems though. I've installed new(ish) parts but haven't taken it to the range again yet.
    What ammo are you using ? Brand and weight...

fat tony said:

rick43pen said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    What ammo are you using ? Brand and weight...
    i was shooting blazer cci 115 (the aluminum cases) and it functioned flawlessly but i switched to blazer brass and the troubles ensued. i tried switching back but it didn't help. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not. i have heard these pistols run best on steel case ammo.

ben777lemay said:
    Quote Originally Posted by rick43pen View Post
    i was shooting blazer cci 115 (the aluminum cases) and it functioned flawlessly but i switched to blazer brass and the troubles ensued. i tried switching back but it didn't help. I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not. i have heard these pistols run best on steel case ammo.
    Is your pistol a Model B or a Model B Super ?

rick43pen said:
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Is your pistol a Model B or a Model B Super ?
    super b. when i replace the extractor and extractor spring i noticed the spring was very compressed. the extractor looked alright though.

9. Lonesome Donkey said:
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    I owned a Star Model B that I bought new back in 1972. It looked exactly like this except for there was no takedown lever and no adjustable sight.

One other thing, though. It came with a detachable wooden holster-stock and a 30 round nickel-plated spare magazine.

Had I paid a little extra, I could have bought one that was both full-auto and semi-auto fire just like it in the same shop in Edmonton.

Gun laws were a lot more relaxed pre-1978, and registered full-autos were treated just like any other restricted weapon, although this was only known to a few. (This originated with a way of dealing with smuggled-in war trophies from WW2, I believe.)

Hell, back then damn few people were even aware that legally owning a handgun was possible, and gun shops were small intimate places full of blued steel and walnut.

ben777lemay said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesome Donkey View Post
    I owned a Star Model B that I bought new back in 1972. It looked exactly like this except for there was no takedown lever and no adjustable sight.

One other thing, though. It came with a detachable wooden holster-stock and a 30 round nickel-plated spare magazine.

Had I paid a little extra, I could have bought one that was both full-auto and semi-auto fire just like it in the same shop in Edmonton.

Gun laws were a lot more relaxed pre-1978, and registered full-autos were treated just like any other restricted weapon, although this was only known to a few. (This originated with a way of dealing with smuggled-in war trophies from WW2, I believe.)

Hell, back then damn few people were even aware that legally owning a handgun was possible, and gun shops were small intimate places full of blued steel and walnut.
    Interesting story, thank for sharing with us.