Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    From what i saw on the net, those who jam are the 9mm converted Model B not the Model B Super which was designed to be in 9mm.
    I also think average trigger pull is around 6.5 pounds.

I don't know why mine is so low but i'm very happy it is low.

Who cares about the trigger pull. These guns were designed to be the work horses of the Spanish Armed Forces. My dad carried one in the Spanish Airforce. Spain's 3 main gun manufacturers Star,Astra and Llama were once proud houses with long history and divisions during the civil war and Fanco's time. Bad business dealings and cheap contracts with SA countries all but destroyed these companies. Long story short they are tough, well built guns, by knowledgable craftsmen and factories with long proud histories. They weren't meant to be pretty but to do their jobs. It bugs me to see how undervalued these guns are. We are lucky to have access to this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Baribal's Avatar
    For those who may be interested, I do have couple of original NOS Super B walnut grips for sale in the EE. It will also fit the Super Model.

Baribal ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baribal

Coagula / Solve - No God Nor Master

Has Anyone had an issue with the long part of the takedown lever breaking off?
    Great gun otherwise, like new when I received it.
    NFA member

I have 6 new Star Super B mags available for anyone looking for some, message me and lets talk.
    “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I agree with you, Spanish fire arms are gems, strong and well made, unfortunately they are really hard to find here in Canada

FWIW, after reading that Star B's are capture-refurbs it's worth mentioning that Alan Lever brought in a bunch
    that were X- West German Police, mint and complete with the holster which sported a quick-draw pull tab. They
    were about $100 IIRC. Never saw one jam and they would cycle with some real pipsqueak reloads as well as
    full power stuff. Speer soft lead 124 grain would group nice even though they went through the paper sideways.
    Sadly, two Liberal voters stole mine. A super B fits in the holster perfectly.

CGN Regular
    Did the take down lever break due to being forced while a magazine was inserted? Or is it due to a manufacturing defect....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    I took some pics of my Star Model B Super this week.
    I thought to share them with you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Yep, very nice pistol... JP.