Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tactical" Clothing Line - We need your input

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar

"Tactical" Clothing Line - We need your input

We are adding a line of "tactical" clothing under our house brand, Dominion Gear

We will be starting with an operator pant similar to the LAPG pants, but with a few changes based on my 10 years of wearing them. i.e no blousing strings, velcro pockets vs buttons, zipper fly, all plastic hardware for airports, etc

Price will be $29.99

I am interesting in our customers input regarding what they would like to see us add in the future; styles, features, colours, etc

Also, do people use the d-rings that hang on the front of these pants, or should we eliminate them. I've never used mine.

Do you prefer elastic waste or not?

Shirts, belts, .....?

Thanks all
    Last edited by CanAm; 06-11-2016 at 12:27 PM.

CGN Regular
    I like the style of Propper lightweight tactical. Only thing I don't like about them is the stitching is not consistent. These have the D-rings and I don't use them either. I like the elastic on mine, gives a better fit around the waist.

I'll be interested, especially if you have a double thick version that could double up as rudimentary motorbiking pants.

If you're talking about the two D-Rings that hang on the front of your upper thigh I do actually use mine, one for my car keys and the other for my range/trigger lock keys, as both sets of keys are on carabiners, it just saves room in my other pockets. It's not a critical selling point for me, just my two cents. A hammer loop (similar to one found on work jeans) would be cool too, also just my two cents.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    Pockets for knee pads ,
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

I like my pants to have a keeper for duty sized belt. I wear my duty pants a lot and use a duty belt at home and on the range so this would be a selling point for me. I think the usual colours would be great, I would like to see Tan and multicam. I would also pay more for a decent pair with padded knees.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Happy to give my input if you want to PM me, sold tactical clothing for years and had some custome made. Below are some ideas that I know we're well recieved.

-Velcro pull tabs instead of elastic (cuffs, waist, ankles).
    -magnetic pockets (silent and if earth mag its are used durable)
    -built up knees (i.e. Similar to Arc'tyrc with the fire hose material)
    -a heavy bush and an airflow option would be awesome.
    -2" belt loops
    -flat colors instead of cammo(personal prefrance)
    -Hunter orange option

These are a few things, I have found tiered pants are a great way to go say a 29.99 option and a 79.99 option with more features. I will definatly keep an eye on this as I buy 3-5 pairs a year most ranging from 99 to 299 if I could buy a bunch with decent features at your pricing I will be buying a lot of pants!

Great approach asking the community first.

Yes I use the "D" rings to hang keys off of. How about some that fit properly. Tried the "Propper" ones and they fit like a tent. S, M, L sizing in pants just doesn't seem to work very well for a good fit if you are at the lower end of the range. And how about some leg length for us taller guys. In Wranglers I take a 32 Waist X 36 Leg. I've found the 511's work well in the 34" X 36" (they fit a little small apparently). Partial elastic like the 511's is appreciated as well

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Expendable Nate View Post
    Pockets for knee pads ,
    Yes, they have those and a double crotch

sizing will be waist/inseam, 34/32, etc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just make sure to have good zippers! Quick drying pants would be great.
    7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891121 ... LastLast