Thread: PAL/RPAL Change of Address

CGN Regular

PAL/RPAL Change of Address

When I renewed my PAL/RPAL, I used a home address and my mailing address is different as I have two residences. Reason being is, I'm 50/50 at either place during the week.

If I want to change my home address to be the same as my mailing address, if I make the phone call to the CFO to change the address, will the change take into effect immediately or is there a lag-period? Or, do I have to mail it in and sit and wait?

Technically, they already have my address, just that it is the mailing address.

Also, if I go and purchase a restricted firearm during the change of address period, can this create issues?????

You can do it online or just phone it in

FYI If you have restriceds now you can legally only possess them at your home address. You can have more than one residence on your file but simple giving them your mailing address is not what is required to do that.

Shawn

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    You can do it online or just phone it in

FYI If you have restriceds now you can legally only possess them at your home address. You can have more than one residence on your file but simple giving them your mailing address is not what is required to do that.

Shawn
    No restricted firearms at this time. However, I wanted to buy one this week. I understand that when I go to buy it, the gun store at the club will be filling out the paperwork and ATT so I know I will NOT be walking out of the store after purchasing the gun. That could take a few days. However, I would like to know how changing the address so close to the purchase date of the firearm could screw things up.

I will be calling tomorrow concerning my options of a temp ATT between 2 residences versus just changing the address. If I change the address, it will put me in the middle of a whole bunch of options for more clubs to visit whereas keeping it at it's current address is limiting my options to those areas closest as to go out farther would require greater distances to drive there and back and I would not want to do that much travelling.