Thread: Norinco JW-105 Good or Bad Choice! honest opinon only.

Norinco JW-105 Good or Bad Choice! honest opinon only.

Hello Everyone i just got my hunting license and I think I got a little excited to fast what do you guys think about this rifle NORINCO JW-105, this October will be my first season out with the boys and not sure I made the right choice I try it out last week and really not to happy not sure if I think I got used to my brother in law rifle to much or not sure why but i m not feeling the rifle at all, hey I m a new hunter anyone can help me out here what to expect or not to expect from a rifle. As now i m not feeling this NIRINCO JW-105 , should I go with something more for a newbie or what should i do.

Honest opinion only, I will take all good advises right now I m a rookie in this sport so I got it take all the baby steps one by one.

Thank you all ,

CGN Regular
    I have one in 7.62x39
    ....I like it....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer dand883's Avatar
    If you're the type that likes to tinker and aren't afraid to do some work, they can be decent for the price, but if you're brand new to it and a little intimidated about it, I would stick to something from a major manufacturer.

I have shot a few in .223 and the 7.62x39 version. They are hit and miss for the most part, but every one that I saw has worked. Some of the issues have been rough bolt body, too stiff of an extractor spring, trigger contacting the trigger guard and catching, scope mount holes misaligned. There was one post about a misplaced barrel pin leading to a failure, but that was the only major failure I have heard of to date.

That being said though they're light, have been reliable (so far for me), functioned right out of the box and most of the "fixes" were fairly minor, and I don't mind dragging it though the mud and snow rather than a nicer/more expensive model.

@DAND883 I m going to take your advice on that one someone else told me the same thing stick to major manufacturers, looks like I will be heading to bass pro soon is the only thing around me right now. thanks