Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: Beretta 92S Pistols in 9mm para

These look like poor quality 92's that didn't sell in the US, got refurbished (refinished to look new) and are now for sale here.

No thanks, I'd rather spend $300 more on a new 92fs than one of these with an unknown history.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    for those of you that think that a 92fs mag won't work, think again- the FLOORPLATE COMES OFF- all you need is a nibbler, a dremel , or drill, and a mag to pattern by, and put a piece of wood on the other side to support where you're going to drill and have at her- moreover there are HYBRIDS out there- I got mine from magazines usa- and it accepts BOTH- and if u want to go the other way all it takes is a dremel and a reinforced cut off wheel- I have 3 and a 92sb- heel catch- and I can switch back and forth at will

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    These look like poor quality 92's that didn't sell in the US, got refurbished (refinished to look new) and are now for sale here.

No thanks, I'd rather spend $300 more on a new 92fs than one of these with an unknown history.
    I bought a surplus (Mil/LEO) 92FS from another sponsor for $395 US, it's been awesome. It was really beat up cosmetically compared to these, I thought it was an excellent deal and like the look of the weathered 92FS. The problem with the 92S that will hurt sales is the mag issue... either have to find new mags that most likely aren't made anymore or modify existing ones.

$569 is a little steep too, close to the price of a brand new Girsan, I see it at $592 at a site sponsor.

If this pistol comes with 2 mags, it's not too bad of a deal, with only 1, it's not that great. When I got my 92FS, MecGar mags were cheap.

Here's a US article on these...

http://weaponsman.com/?p=18784
    Last edited by st1264; 06-15-2016 at 12:54 PM.

They are police or military surplus? Any crest or police department mark?

??????

Quote Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
    Best to phone Tradex (Toll Free: 1-866-635-2829)
    They don't check up on threads on the forum very often
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Umpire View Post
    When these came into the US a year or so ago, they were listed as "Italian Police Trade-Ins". Check the link I posted.

They are imported from Italy, probably police service pistols by the looks of it. MecGar magazines probably fit these pistol. They look in good shape..
    Last edited by Sgiandubh; 06-17-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgiandubh View Post
    They are imported from Italy, probably police service pistols by the looks of it. MecGar magazines probably fit these pistol. They look in good shape..
    Guess you didn't read the part about the magazines having a different cutout as the mag catches are in different places.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    The 2 Beretta factory mags that came with my 92Fs have cut outs in the middle and on the bottom , like in the picture posted by Hitzy , So ,I'm thinking mags shouldn't be a problem .

ETA , it's not a heel catch , like the walther P38 /P1 , it's just at the bottom of the grip on the left side , like on the old Beretta 1951
    Last edited by Greenhorse six; 06-22-2016 at 12:55 AM.
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast