Thread: Target practice in Quebec illegal on crown land?

Target practice in Quebec illegal on crown land?

I just got off the phone with the CFO in quebec and maybe it was a language barrier but I was informed that in quebec you are not allowed to practice shooting on crown land. Does anyone have any real information about this, not anecdotal?

I specifically asked if I could go to crown land and shoot a 22 on crown land. He told me the only place that is legal to practice in quebec is at a range, or if you contact the CFO and the grounds are approved in advance and he said I had to get approval from someone else but I couldn't understand and was a little flustered when he kept insisting the only place was at a range.

Anybody have any idea what this is about, I was under the impression crown land was legal?

As a side question, is there anywhere that I can shoot a 22 outdoors without paying a range fee within like an hour and a half drive of Montreal?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.