Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sellers PAL requirements

Sellers PAL requirements

I have had my pal for a few weeks now, and looking to make my first purchase with it. I've known the rifle I'd like to purchase for quite a while, a non-refurb SKS with a red cherry stock. The seller requests I send him the physical original of my PAL card. Is this common practice? Is it legal to send a scanned copy of my PAL Card? It seemed fishy to me, to send my physical copy across the country as proof that I own the card.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Some people are weird, give him the number, he can call to check out if its valid that's all. He sure as heck doesnt need your card!
    Otherwise just find someone else.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Master-G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 84fuegoturbo View Post
    Some people are weird, give him the number, he can call to check out if its valid that's all. He sure as heck doesnt need your card!
    Otherwise just find someone else.
    Agreed.

And if if you don't know the seller well you might want to ask for a picture of the rifle with an unusual object (like a spoon or something like that). Asking for your actual card seems a little scammy so you might want to take extra precautions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Far North's Avatar
    I think you might want to back out of that deal. This feels like a scam
    CSSA CCFR
    Canadian gun laws brought to you by government sponsored ignorance and fear mongering

run don't walk. sks 's are plentiful. you probably can find one locally. gun shops, gun shows.

Okay thank you for the clarification folks

Ditto !! lol

CGN Regular
    lol someone is trying to steal your license, no, I'm sure its fine. make sure to send your sin card, passport, health card, drivers license, mortgage agreement, or apartment lease, did I forget anything? oh yeah, school records, degrees, ect

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerlandMachine View Post
    I have had my pal for a few weeks now, and looking to make my first purchase with it. I've known the rifle I'd like to purchase for quite a while, a non-refurb SKS with a red cherry stock. The seller requests I send him the physical original of my PAL card. Is this common practice? Is it legal to send a scanned copy of my PAL Card? It seemed fishy to me, to send my physical copy across the country as proof that I own the card.
    The topic has been discussed many many many times...
    I mention this because at one time one had to physically send the card to prospective buyers of firearms.

Did I mention this topic has been discussed many time?

Being a new PAL holder it is natural to be cautious , but no need to be totally paranoid, just a healthy dose of throw some caution out there.
    Do some research on the seller first ( trader rating and general posts on CGN ) one can also use the search field or do more reading on how to deal with buyers and sellers too.

Speaking of weird the the Renault Fuego was an odd duck of a car too, prolly a collectible in some circles today though

Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Sure it's ok to be paranoid with your first purchase.

But it's absolutely fine. It's why we have a license. I ask for it, I have also provided it many times. Don't let the CGN paranoia take you over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast