Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gonged out... be ringing this bad boy tomorrow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator747 View Post
    Get yourself some rubber. We use old conveyor belt to line ours. Makes it last a "little" longer.
    ya, just grab some tires from the tum n cut them up to cover the posts, or put around posts. Also depending on quality of chain/ can take a few hits from fmj

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    That frame will last one shooting sesh before its cut into peices by shrapnel

But nice cheap frame I did the same at first but got tired of rebuilding them.

Don't cut your hands on the sharp copper jackets that will be stuck in the boards everywhere
    This! Those little pieces are like razor blades. Wood doesn't last long

I hang using old seatbelts or the 3000lb ratchet strap material, that way they can take several hits before breaking.

I own "The Last Stand" and love it. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...target-system/)

Have only had one hit on the rebar, but it held and I replaced it at the end of the shooting session. They don't work with Metric rebar, only 1/2" (Not available in Canada), but you could easily make something similar out of a block of wood with some holes drilled in it.
    Last edited by Valeksky; 06-18-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Canadian tire folding metal saw horse $11.99 on sale every couple of weeks, mine have taken tons of blasts
    NFA Member

CGN Regular
    I went with these http://fraservalleytargets.com/produ...ket-stand-only it may look expensive at 125 but I doubt I will ever waste another minute on gong stands again. its simple set-up and easy to use. why waste time and scrounge effort on this when there is lead to find.

What if I moved the plate to hang 6" behind the stand..... would that keep it from getting cut up as quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Valeksky View Post
    I hang using old seatbelts or the 3000lb ratchet strap material, that way they can take several hits before breaking.

I own "The Last Stand" and love it. (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...target-system/)

Have only had one hit on the rebar, but it held and I replaced it at the end of the shooting session. They don't work with Metric rebar, only 1/2" (Not available in Canada), but you could easily make something similar out of a block of wood with some holes drilled in it.
    Where did you pick up "The Last Stand"? Their shipping is outrageous...over $55 for just the shipping and $75 if I want some of the hangers too.

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Where did you pick up "The Last Stand"? Their shipping is outrageous...over $55 for just the shipping and $75 if I want some of the hangers too.
    A shooting buddy made these out of wood. Very simple to diy,

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    Group order kept the cost down for us. Dollar was near par too. Unfortunately there isn't anything IN Canada to keep it reasonable.

They are a really great idea, the owner is super responsive (and still emails me to every now and again to see how I'm liking them) and perform just spectacularly, however the cost is too much for one system. My suggestion would be the same as j_06's. Make the corner brackets out of wood.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    You'll be surprised how long the wood holds up, my 2x2 legs are still doing well. I added a strip of 1/2"-3/4" plywood on he inside face to sacrifice to the shrapnel. Have yet to replace the plywood or the 2x2's yet.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast