Thread: Good handgun case? Input please.

Good handgun case? Input please.

Looking for a decent handgun case for a decent price. Prefer combo lock built in if possible. Thank you for your input
    - Insert Witty One Liner Here -

CGN frequent flyer
    I have the Pelican 1075, like it a lot, but it's not combo.

Best advantage I can see is the pluck foam so the gun fits nice and snug. Plenty of room for an attached weapon light and a few mags too.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarSam View Post
    Looking for a decent handgun case for a decent price. Prefer combo lock built in if possible. Thank you for your input
    http://www.princessauto.com/en/detai...Oz0aAt6p8P8HAQ

Comes with a bottom layer, a middle layer, and a top layer of foam. I see guys popping out sections to store guns facing into the foam but I have also seen a guy show up at the range with 8 handguns in these, laid out strategically within the layers just sitting on top of the foam. Bought one of these on sale for $30, and even at $65 is not a bad deal.

But again, no combo lock, so your mileage may vary.

CGN Regular
    I'm picking up my first handgun tomorrow from the club. My club sells a very nice metal case with 3-digit combo locks on each of 2 locking clasps. The case is a 2-pistol capacity. Cost me $67 plus tax. When I find out the make, I'll let you know tomorrow night.

CGN Regular
    UPDATE:

The gun case I purchased from my club-range is a "Bell" brand alum/metal case which comes with a two-clasp, 2-combination lock set-up. You program the combo using instructions provided.

Cost me $64.99 before tax for it.

My brand new Colt came with it's own plastic factory blue case with wire-padlock. Probably costs about $13. Real cheap flimsy plastic shell with plastic clasps and a hole through which to put a small padlock through. Most of the guys around the range use the Bell metal cases purchased from the club supply shop. Myself, I like more protection, so I paid for the better quality case and just use the factory plastic crap-case to hold all the paperwork, receipt, manuals etc.

Waiting on CFO to send me more paperwork. lol

ATT goes in my wallet when I take the gun to the range.

Pelican

"buy nice or buy twice"