Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchased Hangun, new PAL/RPAL card issued?

CGN Regular

Purchased Hangun, new PAL/RPAL card issued?

I purchased my first restricted firearm a week and a half ago. I was expecting the CFO's office to issue me a new sheet of paper with the updated special conditions, but I didn't know that they would send me a brand new PAL/RPAL card again!!!!

What do you guys do with your old PAL/RPAL cards? You just shred them I guess like you would an invalid driver license?

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    I purchased my first restricted firearm a week and a half ago. I was expecting the CFO's office to issue me a new sheet of paper with the updated special conditions, but I didn't know that they would send me a brand new PAL/RPAL card again!!!!

What do you guys do with your old PAL/RPAL cards? You just shred them I guess like you would an invalid driver license?
    That's what I did.

I've bought a couple of restricteds since c42 changed things, no new card for me. I carry all the papers just in case.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hisnibs View Post
    I've bought a couple of restricteds since c42 changed things, no new card for me. I carry all the papers just in case.
    I'm assuming that the conditions for any restricted firearms is the same, no matter how many of them you may have. Hence why new papers have been issued to you.

I looked at my new PAL/RPAL card and I see that it now makes mention of these special conditions on the card that were not there previous.

I'm assuming if I go and purchase another handgun, nothing will be sent to me as the provisions I now have are transferrable to my other restricted firearms I may obtain going forward.

I received a Transfer Notification (Buyer) slip in the mail a week after my Blackhawk arrived.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post

I keep mine in my range bag, it's kind of like a back up if I accidentally forget or lose my wallet. I don't know if it would be sufficent to a LEO but it's better than nothing

CGN Regular
    UPDATE:

After receiving my new PAL/RPAL card as well as the sheet with the new conditions, the very next day in the mail from the CFO's office, I received what looks like a photocopied notice of the registration card for the firearm illustrating the details of the handgun as well as the serial number all wrapped up in a blank green-sheet.

So, with the purchase of my very first new handgun, I received the following;

1. Transfer ATT from the gunshop issued by the CFO's office detailing my name, address, firearm detail, serial number, etc. Isseud by CFO 2-days after purchase from shop.

2. Received my new PAL/RPAL identification card issued by CFO.

3. Paper copy of ATT listing the new standard and non-standard conditions related to my newly acquired restricted firearm issued by CFO.

4. Paper copy of registration information related to my newly acquired restricted fire arm issued by the CFO with a blank green-sheet of paper.

**** So, my question to the experienced forum members is, do I need to carry;

A - Only #2 and #3
    B - Only #2, #3, and #4
    C - Carry all of the above

Anyone with experience want to chime in... Bueller??

CGN frequent flyer
    2-3-4.

1 could have been a short term ATT (STATT) if he did not have a Long Term ATT (LTATT) before purchase. My LTATT also includes a short term provision, so after receiving your LTATT you will not need to apply for another (if you have the "bring newly acquired" restricted home condition.), and if you have a LTATT with that provision before your first purchase, you do not need to apply for a STATT.

I am in the same boat too, and I live in Ontario. I was curious since I just received this paperwork too so I called the CFO and asked. They told me that the new card has Standard and newly added Non-Standard conditions attached. Both conditions are listed on that paper at the bottom which was #3 in your list. CFO said that your RPAL card is good enough, and if you got pulled over during transport and handed the officer your RPAL, they could run the number and see what conditions are attached to your license, making the paper it was glued to irrelevant. I actually asked her if I could toss that piece of paper out and she said yes. The paper registration for the restricted firearm (#4) is proof of ownership and registration and must be kept with the restricted firearm at all times during transport. I got the OK to laminate it to make it last.

So, what I gathered from my phone call with the CFO was... assuming during transport your restricted firearm is unloaded, trigger locked, in a locked case away from ammo and in a not so obvious place in the vehicle, you must have with you #2 and #4.

Seems to be lots of misunderstanding on here about whether or not to carry #3 with you.. CFO says not necessary. Whether you want to or not is up to you, and I believe it certainly can't hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast