Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BERETTA 92s pistols

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    For the record, these are not bad looking pistols. If they have good bluing like that pic, they are in very good shape. However, what hurts these is the mag release and the mag availability. If these came with 2 mags or had mag availability to purchase along with - these would sell easier. The price is approaching the new Girsan (92fs copy) model that comes with 2 mags (modern mag release), so that's another issue...

I read that the "S" models have no Mim parts unlike the modern 92 models (maybe someone can confirm), so that's a plus. Parts are inexpensive for the 92, Brownell's has a ton of parts and will ship here.

Yes, our dollar sucks right now. Not much you can do about it.

BANNED
    Here are the NRA guidelines:

EXCELLENT: New condition, used but little, no noticeable marring of wood or metal, bluing perfect, (except at muzzle or sharp edges).
    VERY GOOD: In perfect working condition, no appreciable wear on working surfaces, no corrosion or pitting, only minor surface dents or scratches.
    GOOD: In safe working condition, minor wear on working surfaces, no broken parts, no corrosion or pitting that will interfere with proper functioning.

It might just be the picture, but the gun shown would be graded Good to Very Good based on the scratches just above the upper grip screw, the wear on the flat part of the slide (the rightmost arrow) and the scratch on the top of the slide.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    For the record, these are not bad looking pistols. If they have good bluing like that pic, they are in very good shape. However, what hurts these is the mag release and the mag availability. If these came with 2 mags or had mag availability to purchase along with - these would sell easier. The price is approaching the new Girsan (92fs copy) model that comes with 2 mags (modern mag release), so that's another issue...

I read that the "S" models have no Mim parts unlike the modern 92 models (maybe someone can confirm), so that's a plus. Parts are inexpensive for the 92, Brownell's has a ton of parts and will ship here.

Here are the NRA guidelines:

EXCELLENT: New condition, used but little, no noticeable marring of wood or metal, bluing perfect, (except at muzzle or sharp edges).
    VERY GOOD: In perfect working condition, no appreciable wear on working surfaces, no corrosion or pitting, only minor surface dents or scratches.
    GOOD: In safe working condition, minor wear on working surfaces, no broken parts, no corrosion or pitting that will interfere with proper functioning.

It might just be the picture, but the gun shown would be graded Good to Very Good based on the scratches just above the upper grip screw, the wear on the flat part of the slide (the rightmost arrow) and the scratch on the top of the slide.

FF
    If it doesn't meet your criteria (or another's), don't buy. You can buy a new Girsan for a little more. No need to belabor on the same subject over and over.

BANNED
    If it doesn't meet your criteria (or another's), don't buy. You can buy a new Girsan for a little more. No need to belabor on the same subject over and over.
    I was responding to your post, which said they are in very good condition. Maybe you meant that figuratively as opposed to the rating. I was clarifying. And for the record, if you don't want to read my post, don't.

FF

I just want to know if your gonna buy one..lol

BANNED
    I'm in the market - but based on that photo and that price, I am going to pass.

If reviews come back that indicate they are in better shape than pictured, I will likely buy one.

I would pay a premium to get one from a site sponsor, particularly given that John does have a reputation of refunding sales where the customer was not satisfied.

FF

I was responding to your post, which said they are in very good condition. Maybe you meant that figuratively as opposed to the rating. I was clarifying. And for the record, if you don't want to read my post, don't.

FF
    Very Good means something different in everyone's eyes. I think these are 30 year old pistols, bro. Maybe for an extra fee, Marstar will send off the pistol of your choice for grading

I won't read any more of your posts, as you state the same BS in every one. If you don't like them, get out of the thread. If you want to continue talking sh!t in the sponsor's thread, there's infractions for that...

These are very nice pistols. I see some compatible magazines for sale elsewhere, too... I already have a surplus 92FS that shoots like a laser, no need for another 92. Maybe you haven't noticed, but new Beretta 92's ain't cheap either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    My favorite "expert" I was wondering when you would jump in.
    I agree with you, everything is getting more expensive by the day.
    The Canadian dollar fell through the floor in recent months,
    shipping charges have increased 35% to as much as 75% percent
    I may have mentioned this before, if you know how we can avoid all these increased costs, by all means lets get together,
    we could offer you a very interesting consulting contract.
    John
    You asked the question . I gave my opinion.
    Sorry can't help you with your shipping problems
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    FyreFighter might have been a bit ornery though given FF's stake in wanting to buy one with hard earned cash I don't see any post that would warrant real complaints let alone infractions.
    Totally understandable to ask a million questions on a used item. Actually stupid to buy, then regret. Ask before you buy; seems that was done.

Thanks everyone for clarifying.
    Very Good means something different in everyone's eyes. I think these are 30 year old pistols, bro. Maybe for an extra fee, Marstar will send off the pistol of your choice for grading

I won't read any more of your posts, as you state the same BS in every one. If you don't like them, get out of the thread. If you want to continue talking sh!t in the sponsor's thread, there's infractions for that...

These are very nice pistols. I see some compatible magazines for sale elsewhere, too... I already have a surplus 92FS that shoots like a laser, no need for another 92. Maybe you haven't noticed, but new Beretta 92's ain't cheap either.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Why is it that John one seems to be the only dealer griping about shipping costs? everyone else in competition seems to be able to match or better Marstars pricing and have no issues on the shipping?

Maybe John should reach out to someone who's a competitor to fill that "interesting consulting contract"?
    Last edited by plinker 777; 06-27-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: spelling counts :)