Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BERETTA 92s pistols

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    If it doesn't meet your criteria (or another's), don't buy. You can buy a new Girsan for a little more. No need to belabor on the same subject over and over.
    FF merely referenced the criteria, why get weird about it? Marstar is a dealer, therefore if they state an item is "excellent"; well, that has connotations...a meaning. A meaning that is not just anyone's criteria, rather an agreed to criteria. (NRA Guidelines)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    Why is it that John one seems to be the only dealer gripping about shipping costs? everyone else in competition seems to be able to match or better Marstars pricing and have no issues on the shipping?

Maybe John should reach out to someone who's a competitor to fill that "interesting consulting contract"?
    Shipping has always been a sore point for me with Marstar. Other than that A++

what do the mags look like?
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reid134 View Post
    what do the mags look like?
    Like any other Beretta mag, except there is a hole at the bottom of the mag instead of mid way up.

"North American" style mag release... (won't work in these, see slot)

"European" style mag release... (designed for these, hole at bottom)

"NA/Euro" compatible mags... (Has both cutouts)

CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

thats cool, i wondered what that hole was in the bottom of mine, i have a 90/two 9mm and my factory mags have both cutouts.
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    FF merely referenced the criteria, why get weird about it? Marstar is a dealer, therefore if they state an item is "excellent"; well, that has connotations...a meaning. A meaning that is not just anyone's criteria, rather an agreed to criteria. (NRA Guidelines)
    Surplus firearm... you are pretty well stuck with what you get. I'm sure these weren't gone through and graded to any spec. Whether that one pictured is the uniform condition, I haven't seen them. Maybe if John took a bunch of them and took actual pics, it would be more clear. I'm sure that would be time consuming. I asked another dealer to 'pick the nicest one' for me (on a surplus rifle) and they pretty well told me to take a hike.

Somebody play surplus roulette and buy one. Don't see much action (or consumer pictures of their purchases) in the other thread on these either, unsure if they are selling that well.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by st1264 View Post
    Surplus firearm..." you are pretty well stuck with what you get. I'm sure these weren't gone through and graded to any spec. Whether that one pictured is the uniform condition, I haven't seen them. Maybe if John took a bunch of them and took actual pics, it would be more clear. I'm sure that would be time consuming. I asked another dealer to 'pick the nicest one' for me (on a surplus rifle) and they pretty well told me to take a hike.

Somebody play surplus roulette and buy one. Don't see much action (or consumer pictures of their purchases) in the other thread on these either, unsure if they are selling that well.
    "Somebody play surplus roulette and buy one."
    If you purchase from a reputable dealer where is the risk ?

"you are pretty well stuck with what you get."
    I repeat If you purchase from a reputable dealer where is the risk ?

"I'm sure these weren't gone through and graded to any spec."
    How are you certain ? You were in our warehouse and saw them sorted both here and at source ?

" Maybe if John took a bunch of them and took actual pics, it would be more clear"
    We would be pleased to take as many pictures as you want, of course there will be a charge. Why is this important ?
    Hve you bothered to consult our warranty policy ?
    John

BANNED
    John,

Your Marstar Ironclad Guarantee specifically states,

1) Military surplus and used firearms and products are described and illustrated as accurately as is humanly possible.
    Most are 50+ years old and may have minor blemishes and will likely vary in appearance from those portrayed on our website.
    Such variables will NOT constitute a valid reason for warranty consideration. If a refund is issued, it will not include any shipping costs.

Does the picture represent your stock of "very good", "excellent" or neither (e.g. for example, this is one of the worst of the bunch)? In other words, why should I go for the more expensive item?

You may have a wonderful warranty. That being said, I don't want the hassle of buying an item, paying for shipping to me, going through a transfer, having the item shipped to me, being unsatisfied with it, arranging for/paying for return shipping, calling the CFP for a short term ATT and transferring the firearm back to you.

Isn't more reasonable that you post a picture which is representative of the Very Good stocks and another picture which is representative of the Excellent?

Nobody has asked for photos of each particular item. We just want to know what we are buying.

FF
    Last edited by FyreFighter; 06-29-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Expired Business
    [QUOTE=FyreFighter;12769282]John,

Your Marstar Ironclad Guarantee specifically states, just won't be reasonable will you....

1) Military surplus and used firearms and products are described and illustrated as accurately as is humanly possible.
    Most are 50+ years old and may have minor blemishes and will likely vary in appearance from those portrayed on our website.
    Such variables will NOT constitute a valid reason for warranty consideration. If a refund is issued, it will not include any shipping costs. Why are we doing this ? Have you been refused a return ? If so when and on what ? I would put our warranty up against any in the trade...

"calling the CFP for a short term ATT and transferring the firearm back to you."
    First of all we never ask our customers to re-transfer to us, we do it for them. Second of all I'm surprised that for someone as well informed as yourself you have not heard of Bill C-42 ??

"Isn't more reasonable that you post a picture which is representative"
    I thought we did that ?

"We just want to know what we are buying. "
    You keep using the term "we" yet you are by far the most critical and prolific critique on the board.... ALL without practical and personal experience

John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Bill C42 doesn't cover taking a gun to the post office. Only covers taking a gun home from where you receive it.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY