Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominion arms tomahawk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P12 View Post
    Hi CanAm, can you guys make a tomahawk kind of like this one

but at a similar price to the rough use knife. You can skip the grip panels to save cost, I'll just wrap it in para cord.

I really like the looks of this one but its sort of expensive for a piece of steel.
    Follow this design, use a decent steel, and replace the big hole in the head with something (anything) useful like hex wrenches etc., and I'm in for at least 3.

Edit: Oh, and don't lose the 2 angle blade. I'd be out if it's just a boring normal looking blade.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

I really like the Spyderco design, it doesn't have to be stainless, I'd prefer something that keeps an edge longer. If you make it without the holes it should be cheaper.

Would it be stamped or cut with a water jet?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    This might sound dumb but if you retain ether the bottom or top ole, one could be a hex as mention and what about a botle opener for the other?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    This looks nice and actually useful. I'd buy this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    now that is DAAAYUM!!! :D
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

If it looks like the OP's original pic i'll take 3 , for gifts , maybe 4 . If it has rulers , screw driver , wrenches , prybars or forks and spoons I will take exactly none . I want a tactical hawk and that's it . I'll buy my own screwdrivers , wrenches and bottle openers .

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    If it looks like the OP's original pic i'll take 3 , for gifts , maybe 4 . If it has rulers , screw driver , wrenches , prybars or forks and spoons I will take exactly none . I want a tactical hawk and that's it . I'll buy my own screwdrivers , wrenches and bottle openers .
    Where's the like button? 100%.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Quote Originally Posted by saltednutz View Post
    Mine is my non gun home defense. It has a nice savage factor to it. Nothing says "If you want insane, you got it!", like a tomahawk.
    Funny, the wife said I was going over the top when I suggested we replace the shotgun with a chainsaw, in our home defence plan.

My rationality was that: If the sound of a shotgun being racked in a distant room is <scary> for potential home invader... seeing a naked middle-aged man, show up in the hallway with a safety helmet w/lights and a screaming chainsaw... ought to be scarier... no
    Ho well, we're back to the shotgun.

-

As far as use for a tomahawk, I'd guess the same as a hatchet.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Get yourself one of these:

And you do everything from chopping wood and filleting fish to carving your own bowls.
    I very nearly did when I was in Norway last month... The big sporting goods store has a Swedish hatchet/tomahawk for a reasonable price.

A quick comment, though - if you're using a quality steel and getting it hardened, the steel alone will run somewhere in the $30 range. Professional heat-treat has a price, too.

This thread has me contemplating making something out of our scrap at work... 4-axis wire EDM

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by saltednutz View Post
    Mine is my non gun home defense. It has a nice savage factor to it. Nothing says "If you want insane, you got it!", like a tomahawk.
    That's what my cheap knock-off katana is for...