Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominion arms tomahawk

One for me, one for the wife. One will be for fun, one will be for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosing View Post

I use one of these in my vehicle as the equivalent of a crash axe. Its nice, but would like something a bit shorter for storage in the vehicle, plus Orange would be nice, as a safety item, rather than ninja.
    My tomahawk is too short! want to trade?

Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    I want them made out of depleted uranium or tungsten or titanium actually adamantium would be great too sharpen once.

Also i want a grizzly shotgun that shoots sks gatlin guns that shoot tomahawks that have bayonets for handles with friken laser beams attached their friken heads!!!
    2nded for DU

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatinjesus View Post
    How about an SKS with a grizzly shotgun mount underneath!
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    I want them made out of depleted uranium or tungsten or titanium actually adamantium would be great too sharpen once.

Also i want a grizzly shotgun that shoots sks gatlin guns that shoot tomahawks that have bayonets for handles with friken laser beams attached their friken heads!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Someone else has already asked, but I'll ask too: What are you gonna cut or chop with a tomahawk?

Personnaly I see them as decorative more than anything else, so as far as I'm concerned, the blades could be aluminum. I'm not gonna chop wood log with a tomahawk (I've got an axe for that), and I'm not gonna prepare dinner with it either (I got knifes for that). In 2016, tomahawk are used either in tomahak throwing competition (which I wouldn't even know how to enter such a compretition), or as a jack-of-all-trade tool, used as a prybar, a smashing tool, or even a bottle opener (which partially explain why eveyone in this thread wants this or that feature). It might very well be the best case of solution looking for a problem (a very cool-looking solution, I'll admit). So in that case, wtf debate if this or that steel would be better? If everyone is gonna have a different usage for it, then I suggest that scrap metal would be a good enough steel for a tomahawk.

I think most people make quite a fuss about steel resistance in their cutting tools. My President's choice knife set is roughly 440A steel, which is as soft as steel gets, and those knifes can chop carrots and chicken cartilage all day long. I do need to sharpen them once in a while, but the softness makes it really quick to sharpen. Given that I have no clue what I'd do with a tomahawk in the first place, then I can come to the conclusion that the softest steel there is would be hard enough for my need.

But 5160 is cooler, cause, you know, swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Holding an edge is a moot point for an instrument made to cut or chop? Well, you got an opinion there I don't share. I'd rather fuss about technical details once than wasting my time to resharpen some POS blade frequently. But to each their own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    With all due respect, I think many people have too much time to fuss over technical advantages of this or that steel/temper.
    Unless you're a chef or a logger that will use that blade 8H a day... holding an edge is kind of a moot point. My first pocket knife was a cheapo spanish lock-blade. It did the job, just had to be re-sharpen more often.

You're all wrong. It should be made out of rainbows, unicorns and wizard farts. It should be as hard as a limp noodle so it can't be sharpened and we'll never hurt ourselves
    I'M THE KIND'O'CRAZY YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID OF

And it needs to come with a Dominion Arms morale patch!

Quote Originally Posted by molle View Post
    And it needs to come with a Dominion Arms morale patch!
    They have a morale patch? where can I get one?

---
    Last edited by saltednutz; 02-04-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    samples in production. should be here in a few weeks

Do you think it will be better than a M48 United Cutlery tomahawk? This one seems to broke easily.
    thanks

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by po_the_drum View Post
    Do you think it will be better than a M48 United Cutlery tomahawk? This one seems to broke easily.
    thanks
    I am not familiar with that one