Thread: Understanding a PAL Identification Number

CGN Regular

Understanding a PAL Identification Number

I received my new PAL/RPAL back in May 2016. The ID number on my PAL was ########.0001

When I purchased my very first firearm (handgun), the CFO issued me a new PAL with #######.0002

In both cases, the digits before the decimal point were the exact same. Only thing that changed was the numbers after the decimal from .0001 to my now .0002

I'm assuming that the numbers after the decimal point is simply an "issuance" number.

Is this correct??????

How important is the issuance number in the grand scheme of things??????

Reason I ask is, the ATT paperwork that came in the mail following my purchase of the firearm identify my original issuance number with the .0001, and NOT with the .0002 issuance number.

My query is more or less, if I were stopped by the police coming from a gun range and I show the policeman my PAL/RPAL and all the paperwork that came with the gun, will it be an issue that the paperwork shows the issuance as a .0001, however, my new PAL/RPAL shows issuance .0002?????

CGN frequent flyer
    the number that follows the decimal is the print number or issuance number.

i believe your .0001 is no longer valid after you've been issued .0002
    the reason i say that is because i thought i had lost my wallet so i called to the CFP to report that. they told me that they will issue a new card for me with .0002 and that my .0001 will no longer be valid. i also spoke with the CFO about it a few days after, the lady checked on her computer and told me that my .0001 has been cancelled.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Above is correct.
    .0001 First licence issued
    .0002 Second and so on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Mine says .0005. It's my first RPAL/PAL. No re-issues or replacements. Expires in 2018.
    What gives?
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Mine says .0005. It's my first RPAL/PAL. No re-issues or replacements. Expires in 2018.
    What gives?
    Out of curiosity, did you ever hold the old POL? If so, did you have 4 issuances with that before switching over to the PAL system???? I'm only wildly speculating on this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger2010 View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you ever hold the old POL? If so, did you have 4 issuances with that before switching over to the PAL system???? I'm only wildly speculating on this.
    Ahh, never thought of that. I did have the POL but don't think I had 4 issuances of it. Maybe I did and never noticed.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Every time you renew the number goes up

Shawn