Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FNH FNAR-L .308 Win.

I just received my new FNAR from Wanstall, a superb rifle... I can't wait to try it out this week-end!

I'll post an update with how it shoots

Quote Originally Posted by eusor View Post
    I just received my new FNAR from Wanstall, a superb rifle... I can't wait to try it out this week-end!

I'll post an update with how it shoots
    Looking forward to seeing how your's groups. If you wouldn't mind and can spare the ammo., please show at least one #5Rd. or #10 Rd. group.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

I see this rifle is out of stock but it's peaked my interest. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what magazine they come with 20 pinned to 5? Was also wondering what brand of extra magazines wanstalls sells for it? Thanks in advance.

Mine came with a 10 pinned to 5. The pic shows a 20. They sell FN mags. I don't think there's an aftermarket magazine available yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killbillc68 View Post
    I see this rifle is out of stock but it's peaked my interest. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what magazine they come with 20 pinned to 5? Was also wondering what brand of extra magazines wanstalls sells for it? Thanks in advance.
    I do believe I got the last one they had (Or at least it seems that way- it went out of stock immediately after I ordered mine)

I think the picture they have is the stock FN photo of the american version that comes with a 20 round mag.

Mine came with 10/5 mags. I ordered a couple extra, and they're all FN factory mags. I got two styles though- one is limited to 5 via a piece of threaded rod on the inside, attached to the bottom of the mag with what looks like a big, turned down bolt head. The other just has a small square cut away on the side of the mag, and bent inwards so that the tab catches the follower on its way down. The first style looked like it was modified after the fact from a 10 round mag, the latter looks like it came factory as a 5 round mag.

Heading out tomorrow hopefully to see how it shoots! I'll probably be shooting mostly FMJ out of it, but I'll bring some soft points to see if there's any feeding issues with them.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how your's groups. If you wouldn't mind and can spare the ammo., please show at least one #5Rd. or #10 Rd. group.

Cheers D
    Oops, sorry for the delay, I completely forgot about this thread.

I love it, it's a beast! I already took it out 3 times in the last two week-end. At the moment, I can't in good conscience post grouping, I just can't do justice to the rifle...

Give me a few week-ends of practice (it's my first rifle, just getting started in target shooting) and I'll post an update with nice groups. I already bought a few kgs of ammo of varing weight/brand to test but I'm shooting Hirtenberger surplus at the moment until I can actually shoot straight... I also need a few weeks to heal my sore shoulder, I kind of went overboard with my first shooting session (140 rnds in a 5 hours session hahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    Mine came with a 10 pinned to 5. The pic shows a 20. They sell FN mags. I don't think there's an aftermarket magazine available yet.
    Mine also came with 10 pinned to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    I do believe I got the last one they had (Or at least it seems that way- it went out of stock immediately after I ordered mine)

I think the picture they have is the stock FN photo of the american version that comes with a 20 round mag.

Mine came with 10/5 mags. I ordered a couple extra, and they're all FN factory mags. I got two styles though- one is limited to 5 via a piece of threaded rod on the inside, attached to the bottom of the mag with what looks like a big, turned down bolt head. The other just has a small square cut away on the side of the mag, and bent inwards so that the tab catches the follower on its way down. The first style looked like it was modified after the fact from a 10 round mag, the latter looks like it came factory as a 5 round mag.

Heading out tomorrow hopefully to see how it shoots! I'll probably be shooting mostly FMJ out of it, but I'll bring some soft points to see if there's any feeding issues with them.
    I'm also looking for your groups, I'm quite eager to see what others are able to get from it! Your FMJ, which brand is it? Norinco?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234