Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The ShiellTec Ammoback™ Strike

I've been following this company for a while now and I was happy to find out that ShiellTec is a Canadian company too. I would get one of these for sure when they are available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is it pinned to 5?

I had a chance to handle this product and talk to the owner / designer at a defence trade show. Very cool product, Canadian made, and well made. It would be great for three gun.
    ".22's are like chips, you can't just stop at one.”

AMA, OMA, NSRA, CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    A 5 round clip of 5 round clipazines...

Clipception.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Best price estimate right now is $335.00 ETA approx. mid Sept.

A small back pack version is available so you could include your favorite beverage.

CGN Regular
    X2 on does the LAR15 mags work or are they too small?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Neat idea. I don't see this catching on for 3gun though.

Is it gravity fed or are the mags under some sort of spring pressure (will it work if you are prone)?

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Neat idea. I don't see this catching on for 3gun though.

Is it gravity fed or are the mags under some sort of spring pressure (will it work if you are prone)?
    I think it would be ideal for three gun. Works with spring pressure, so it will work in any position. Carrier could be worn on your chest if you wanted to. They can be stacked together to give increased mag capacity. Magazine length is critical, this model is designed for standard military 5/30 rd mags.

BANNED
    So this is STRAC Technologies ST-1 F.A.S.T. System Mag Feeder but in an even more awkward position for more money?

Aside from the fact that nobody liked the F.A.S.T. System and it died soon after it was released.... how is this an advantage to a chest rig with 6 magazines positioned right under the magazine of my rifle?

The distance my reload hand has to travel is what, 5 times further and twisted behind my back? ...and I can't reload #### if I transition to my left shoulder.

You copied a failed design and made it slower to reload my rifle after I give you how much???

LOL

All jokes aside...

Don't go down this path. Trust me. STRAC lost their shirts on this crap design that doesn't do anything better than a chest rig we already have.

Just another mall ninja gadget that will end up in the useless crap I bought without thinking pile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I think it would be ideal for three gun.
    How so? The match our club just held a few weeks ago, I don't think a single one of the 50+ shooters used pmags - if they did then I'd agree with you that this might be popular because it would allow you to carry and access 25 rounds in an efficient manner. With all of the other mag choices out there however, most 3gun competitors can carry 30-40 rounds in two quick-to-access, light, and simple kydex/nylon pouches which is more than enough ammo for any stages in my neck of the woods. Of course stateside matches may have higher round counts but then I can carry 60 rounds in my two kydex pouches.

This is a cool item don't get me wrong, it just won't appeal to 3gun shooters IMO. It's kind of like the UTAS-15; it's a very cool shotgun and at first glance the capacity makes it seem like it would be a good shotgun to use in competition but it isn't.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast