Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash Sale - July 6th

CGN Regular
    Yeah, I think it is similar to alcohol.
    You can make your own, but cannot sell.
    I would be happy to sit down with someone who has a press, and reload my own, and pay a rental fee.
    This way if I blow up my gun, go blind, or deaf, it is my own fault.
    Hell, I am thinking I should buy one, and rent it out from my heated garage.
    And ouains, je viens de remarquer que tu es de la bel province. J'ai "catcher" le msg du capital.
    Moi si! De Maniwaki / Gatineau. Aussi bien dire de l'Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Depends which capital. We got 11 of them you know

j/k, I can get reloads for 20$/box in my area. Online I think the best I've seen is around 24$/box (Wolf reload). When CanadaAmmo had the father's day sale, PMC 45 would have been around that price if they'd been in stock, and I would definitely prefer PMC to reloaded for the same price.

Btw, I'm not sure but I think it's illegal to sell reloaded ammos unless you do it commercially with a licence (like Wolf or Phoenix). I know the EE forbids selling reloads unless they're commercial reloads at least.

At this point I'd agree that if you can sell an NP27 for a good price, buying a combo just for the ammos is the best route. I wouldn't plan on that combo staying 450$ forever though. All the other 1911 combos are now 550$, which is not a bad deal at all, but not so incredible either. I expect the NP27 combo to get to the same price point eventually. Probably when they get their next shipment.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by commandac View Post
    Yeah, I think it is similar to alcohol.
    You can make your own, but cannot sell.
    I would be happy to sit down with someone who has a press, and reload my own, and pay a rental fee.
    This way if I blow up my gun, go blind, or deaf, it is my own fault.
    Hell, I am thinking I should buy one, and rent it out from my heated garage.
    And ouains, je viens de remarquer que tu es de la bel province. J'ai "catcher" le msg du capital.
    Moi si! De Maniwaki / Gatineau. Aussi bien dire de l'Ontario.
    Maybe you got yourself a whole new business venture here. Buy a 800-1000$ press, rent it for 50-100$ per week-end and it'll pay for itself before long. Take a 500$ deposit and let renters buy their own dies, that way you minimize loss from usage and can pay for repairs with the deposit if renters break something.

Some stores do it with beer/wine making kits. Any physical store that sells powder, primers and bullets should think about renting presses. Even if just to break even, the component sales alone might be worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12