Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TradeEx had to stop their amazing HOLD policy due to abuse...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Four CGN sellers have held large ticket items for me in the last 9 months, with a substantial deposit.

My ATRS .338LM
    My 12-50x S&B
    My 55x NF Comp
    My F-TR .308

I'm very grateful to all of them, but on the other side is that I put down 25-30% non-refundable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Way too many people back out of deals nowadays.

You can't run a business based on "good faith".
    I agree. So many businesses die because of unpaid credit, holds, etc.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeRock View Post
    Putting it on a credit card is somehow serious...
    Um.. what? That is what a credit card is for. Buying stuff up front when you don't have the cash on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BeRock View Post
    I can buy the $1000 rifle right now
    Then... buy it.

Couple things... shooting sports is a hobby and at times, an expensive one. If people can't afford it, perhaps they should look for a hobby that is more within they're budget.

As for "hiding stuff from the wife"... I see people here all the time commenting on how they want to "hide" their firearm purchases from their wives. I usually take it they mean it in jest. I think seriously hiding things like that from your spouse is just asking for trouble.

Just my 2 cents...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Um.. what? That is what a credit card is for. Buying stuff up front when you don't have the cash on hand.

Then... buy it.

Couple things... shooting sports is a hobby and at times, an expensive one. If people can't afford it, perhaps they should look for a hobby that is more within they're budget.

As for "hiding stuff from the wife"... I see people here all the time commenting on how they want to "hide" their firearm purchases from their wives. I usually take it they mean it in jest. I think seriously hiding things like that from your spouse is just asking for trouble.

Just my 2 cents...
    I was on a motorcycle forum when the phrase "sport bikes are not a welfare sport" was muttered, and $hit storm erupted at the posters "insensitivity".

Insensitive? Sure (to some). Truthful? You bet, and an eye opener to some.

The same "message" applies to firearms. This is a pricey sport. While a firearm can be gotten pretty cheap, everything else (ammo, gun maintenance, range dues, travel costs) can rack up costs, and is required for shooting. When a .22 costs ~0.10 a round and .308 around $1-3 (factory ammo), a day of shooting isn't always cheap and people should be aware if it before investing n this sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicrash View Post
    At 20% interest?
    if you have a decent credit rating it can be substantially less than this ....... again if a person has a issue with credit and their credit rating , maybe they need to re-examine things in their life .

There was a few rifles at different times I would have bought in a second from them but nope ON HOLD. I just figured it is what it is but cash on the spot should be king , otherwise guys just put dibs on the good stuff even if they are on the fence. Even worse with the kijiji generation nowadays the person may never buy it or contact you again , some people have very little scruples.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrunes View Post
    There was a few rifles at different times I would have bought in a second from them but nope ON HOLD. I just figured it is what it is but cash on the spot should be king , otherwise guys just put dibs on the good stuff even if they are on the fence. Even worse with the kijiji generation nowadays the person may never buy it or contact you again , some people have very little scruples.
    There's two on hold right now that I rushed over to see if the hold was taken off after seeing this thread. I was extremely disappointed when I found they are still on hold. I'd scoop both up if they came available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    i put a m98 on layaway/hold while my PAL was pending. I paid in full and TradeEx held it for me until my PAL was in and sent the rifle when I sent them the number.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Expect most shops would be glad to place a hold for 25% non-refundable deposit. Takes years nowadays to get 25% in interest.

Had one shop refund my deposit when product was expected within 5 months but after 6 they couldn't give a firm delivery date.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post

My better half has no problems with my hobby or purchases as long as I do not clean parts in the dishwasher, parkerize parts in the kitchen, use the good towels when I wash grease from my hands and now that we moved closer to civilization, test fire anything off the deck.
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.