Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TradeEx had to stop their amazing HOLD policy due to abuse...

my LGS still does layaway. it's wonderful.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Um.. what? That is what a credit card is for. Buying stuff up front when you don't have the cash on hand.

Then... buy it.

Couple things... shooting sports is a hobby and at times, an expensive one. If people can't afford it, perhaps they should look for a hobby that is more within they're budget.

As for "hiding stuff from the wife"... I see people here all the time commenting on how they want to "hide" their firearm purchases from their wives. I usually take it they mean it in jest. I think seriously hiding things like that from your spouse is just asking for trouble.

Just my 2 cents...
    I don't think they're all in jest.

My dad had a buddy who decided he wanted a beretta 92.....and didn't think his wife would notice the difference between that and the .38 special revolver it was replacing.....oy.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Bummer that they cancelled their lay away.

I wonder if you called & asked if they could make an exception for you in this case? With a large deposit, I can't see a business turning down the offer?

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

i may be one of the lucky ones but my wife enjoys shooting as much as i do.

i discuss new purchases or new guns with her and she basically asks whether or not she'll enjoy shooting it.

no need to hide from her.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Regular
    The only one I have snuck in the house was the mg34. I took it in the house in pieces and tucked it away in the safe. She has seen it since in bigger assemblies and hasn't asked about it but she hasn't seen it together except in a picture. I'm hopeing she will forget to ask about that one. Hehe

There is this thing that is very helpful in obtaining what you want without marital strife, loans, credit cards, interest payments, layaway, holds and usurious interest rates. It's called "saving." It really works when paired with a little patience and discipline.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    my thinking on this is , how difficult is it to get a credit card to pay the rifle off in full , then pay off the credit card ?

if there is a reason a person is unable to get a credit card , maybe they have bigger issues that need to be addressed rather than buying another toy .......

chasing down money from people is nothing but a pain in the ass and I can understand why tradex no longer does this .
    Yeah exactly just put it on the card and pay off the card done deal........I've never purchased of trade ex but if idiots are abusing the policy and making late payments then they should loose the money and product no questions asked sick and tired of late payers and deadbeats myself

BANNED
    And what kinda MAN who makes his money has to go thru his wife for a purchase of anything? I buy what I want no questions asked

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    There is this thing that is very helpful in obtaining what you want without marital strife, loans, credit cards, interest payments, layaway, holds and usurious interest rates. It's called "saving." It really works when paired with a little patience and discipline.
    Works even better if u cancel the Internet and avoid CGN lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good on you TradeEx. My local WS store had 2 firearms and a set of dies that I wanted to buy at different times but were on HOLD!!
    All those would be buyers backed out..
    The sales people told me that most on HOLD items are never claimed..
    I can't see any retailer holding on to a deposit??
    The guy comes back with a hard luck story and easier just to pay him out....