Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TradeEx had to stop their amazing HOLD policy due to abuse...

TradeEx had to stop their amazing HOLD policy due to abuse...

Is this a new thing or am I just slow on the uptake?

I just noticed that TradeEx cancelled their generous hold policy due to deadbeat buyers. Too bad -- but I totally understand. I was writing to them with a hold request (half down, paid out in 4 months on about $1000), but I thought I would read through their site before I sent it... then I saw the big nope.

I bet there aren't many deadbeat TradeEx CGN members.... but to you jerks out there: Grrrrrr. Now the rifle might sell before I sell the stuff to buy it.

I have bought two rifles and a stock from them in the past. What a great place for interesting guns and parts.

I'm glad they dropped this HOLD policy..So many times I wanted to buy a gun but it was on hold...
    If you want to play you got to pay,simple as that..Why should dead beats put a gun on hold when there are buyers with cash in hand?
    Good move TradeEx...

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaJohn View Post
    I'm glad they dropped this HOLD policy..So many times I wanted to buy a gun but it was on hold...
    If you want to play you got to pay,simple as that..Why should dead beats put a gun on hold when there are buyers with cash in hand?
    Good move TradeEx...
    I see your point.

CGN Regular
    I don't understand why it's not on hold with 1/2 down, paid in full in a certain amount of time, not paid, loose your 1/2 down and back up for sale it it goes, win for the store, they could even then put it up for 25% off, people would think that was a great deal, and they would still be up 25% above original asking.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    I don't understand why it's not on hold with 1/2 down, paid in full in a certain amount of time, not paid, loose your 1/2 down and back up for sale it it goes, win for the store, they could even then put it up for 25% off, people would think that was a great deal, and they would still be up 25% above original asking.
    Not worth the hassle. Easier to just sell it once to someone with money then deal with holds that back out.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    my thinking on this is , how difficult is it to get a credit card to pay the rifle off in full , then pay off the credit card ?

if there is a reason a person is unable to get a credit card , maybe they have bigger issues that need to be addressed rather than buying another toy .......

chasing down money from people is nothing but a pain in the ass and I can understand why tradex no longer does this .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Way too many people back out of deals nowadays.

You can't run a business based on "good faith".

Do other stores still have "layaway programs " ??
    Used to be popular years ago at all the big dept stores.
    I have never used a layaway purchase program, but I"m sure tradeex has good reason to do this

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    my thinking on this is , how difficult is it to get a credit card to pay the rifle off in full , then pay off the credit card ?

if there is a reason a person is unable to get a credit card , maybe they have bigger issues that need to be addressed rather than buying another toy .......

chasing down money from people is nothing but a pain in the ass and I can understand why tradex no longer does this .
    At 20% interest?

I think it's not really about what a guy can AFFORD... but what he can justify... Putting it on a credit card is somehow serious... where a layaway is easy and the wife doesn't have to know.... That sort of thing. I can buy the $1000 rifle right now -- but it's tougher to justify. Stupid, I know.

If I could have locked into the 50% down layaway today, they would have had a sale... Now send off that whole $1000 and I may just do something else with it.

A STRICT layaway policy might work better all around.... or maybe it's still too much hassle... but it must increase sales...

I want to be clear that I respect TradeEx and I'm not really complaining.
    Last edited by BeRock; 07-09-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast